2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
The bits I found interesting were:

Full Auto confirmed :)
Jack Knife Key - what's one of them ?
Mirrors fold from the key fob, if I read it right ?
You need an EX GT or the Elite pack to get rear parking sensors ?
You need the EX GT to get HID's.
HDD SatNav

·
Registered
181 Posts
That means at least a SE (will be called different in the Netherlands) to get the same specs as my current car. Sadly enough the 1.8 will be in the higher tax-group overhere.
The 1.4 became even slower!!!

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Krem, I think a jack knife key is just a flip key, and it does look like the windows are fob-operated.

It does seem odd how different manufacturers view parking sensors. Honda only have them available on the very top spec cars - whereas Merc (who have to be the world leaders at emptying you pockets on extras) have them as standard spec on the most basic models.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It does seem odd how different manufacturers view parking sensors. Honda only have them available on the very top spec cars - whereas Merc (who have to be the world leaders at emptying you pockets on extras) have them as standard spec on the most basic models.
Conclusion: Merc-drivers can't park.... [smilie=giggle.gif]

·
Administrator
21,163 Posts
Krem, I think a jack knife key is just a flip key, and it does look like the windows are fob-operated.

Shows I shouldn't post too early in the mornings.
If they have connected the folding mirrors to the locking/unlocking mechanism that would be a bonus.
I still think they have missed a trick with the passenger mirror though. Citroen have a nifty trick that when you flop it into reverse the passenger mirror automatically goes to another user-set position which is really handy for parallel parking if you have the mirror reposition itself to focus on the rear nearside wheel.

One other observation is that I wonder how easy it's going to be to remove/replace the centre console for those of use that like to wire in accessories down there?

·
Registered
429 Posts
For me a DAB radio is an essential. I also want a blue car not one in Camel's Urine colour which Honda seem so proud of.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Do you need to correct the 1.8. 142ps = 140 bhp? No increase over the old engine ;)

Disappointing that there isn't a new vtec petrol really. A few years down the line and this engine will be 10 years old. If anything, you'd expect Honda to be cutting edge on the engine. It is still one of the best engines in its class, but this is a missed opportunity...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The new engine makes 2 PS more - I have edited the units in the article to make it clearer.

Honda seem to work on one engine at a time. Right now it's the 1.6 diesel - it's just possible though that that work may spring a petrol too.

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Do you think the premium audio system is Honda made? or will it be like other brands where there is an introduction of bose speakers or pioneer head units?

·
Premium Member
22,623 Posts
Do you think the premium audio system is Honda made? or will it be like other brands where there is an introduction of bose speakers or pioneer head units?
I don't think any car manufacturer makes their own audio systems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I wouldn't mind proper Pioneers...

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What is good about the stereo is that it looks like it is a standard double-din slot (at least on this Sat Nav equipped model). Which means it should swap out more cleanly for an aftermarket model with DAB/etc...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts