2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
I'm putting my money on either a 1.6 or 1.8 supercharged mugen badged civic as the R replacement ;)

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Honda should still look at hybrid solutions I reckon.

The problem in the past has always seemed to concern the size of electric motors that could be fitted but Vauxhall have just launched the ampera with a 150 BHP electric motor!!

Surely in the light of this it wouldn't be too difficult for Honda to fit some kind of eco engine making say 120bhp and with zero road tax + add in 2x75bhp electric motors for around 270BHP total.

I also think on the VTEC, couldn't they build in VTEC but lock it out on road versions so it passes low emissions but could be unlocked if being used for track racing ;) with a simple dash board input such as that used for the current diagnostic regime? Might be another way around emissions restrictions.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how about something like this...
K23A1
Turbocharged
Found in:
2007-2011 Acura RDX[1]
Displacement: 2,300 cc (140.4 cu in)
Compression: 8.8:1
Power: 240 hp (179 kW) @ 6000 rpm (SAE net)
Torque: 260 lb·ft (353 N·m) @ 4500 rpm (SAE net)
Redline: 6800 rpm
Bore: 86 mm
Stroke: 99 mm

·
Registered
11 Posts
how about something like this...
K23A1
Turbocharged
Found in:
2007-2011 Acura RDX[1]
Displacement: 2,300 cc (140.4 cu in)
Compression: 8.8:1
Power: 240 hp (179 kW) @ 6000 rpm (SAE net)
Torque: 260 lb·ft (353 N·m) @ 4500 rpm (SAE net)
Redline: 6800 rpm
Bore: 86 mm
Stroke: 99 mm

·
Registered
11 Posts
I take that back. the emissions on that are terrible!! but goes to show they have experience in doing this kind of thing with the K series

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
I can't really see how honda could not produce a high performance vairenet of the new 9th gen. Be it FI or Hybird, I think it will be a 5 door tho as no one seems to be doing 3 door hachs at the min. Not in the civic segment anyway. I would like to see a Mugen developed Hybird superchared 1.8 myself.

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Gotta be honest I hate the 9gen but if the type r looks anything like the pictures floating around the Internet I'm gonna get one :popcorn:

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
I work at Honda manufacturing in Swindon and no ones saying anything so fingers crossed it does happen.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
2 words vauxhall Ampera.

If Vauxhall can fit a 150bhp electric motor to a car I'm sure Honda can do a hybrid with say a 120ps petrol and 150bhp electric.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Stratstone Bedford Honda have said to me theres a new R coming in 2013

2ltr Turbo
210bhp

Seems the only media I can find on tinterweb is Auto express with their artist impression and story about it (could well be a great fiction novel though)

Seems difficult to comprehend a 2 ltr turbo'd car ONLY producing 210bhp from factory. Alot of modding oppertunity.

But I digress, Im still not sold on the whole new Type R theory yet. When I see something at an upcoming car show or official from Honda where its confirmed then I shall get interested

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Stratstone Bedford Honda have said to me theres a new R coming in 2013

2ltr Turbo
210bhp

Seems the only media I can find on tinterweb is Auto express with their artist impression and story about it (could well be a great fiction novel though)

Seems difficult to comprehend a 2 ltr turbo'd car ONLY producing 210bhp from factory. Alot of modding oppertunity.

But I digress, Im still not sold on the whole new Type R theory yet. When I see something at an upcoming car show or official from Honda where its confirmed then I shall get interested
Honda dont currently have a euro 5 compliant 2ltr engine and the cost of developing one would negate the product entirely so i'd hazard a guess at a different size displacement, either 1.8 as in current or 1.6 - re the WTCC standardised size engine.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Honda dont currently have a euro 5 compliant 2ltr engine and the cost of developing one would negate the product entirely so i'd hazard a guess at a different size displacement, either 1.8 as in current or 1.6 - re the WTCC standardised size engine.
I was right to be scepticle of the info then.

Why is it some dealers are giving out wrong/false information? Iv read on other "New type R" threads that some dealers have gone in to depth with info. Just seems odd to me? Keeping customers intrigued maybe?

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
The dealers would be more likely to know and they have said 2.0l turbo so far but i wouldn't be surprised to see the 1.8 ivtec turbo to make an R. Or a similar engine.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
The dealers would be more likely to know and they have said 2.0l turbo so far but i wouldn't be surprised to see the 1.8 ivtec turbo to make an R. Or a similar engine.
I must admit I still think anything other than a low emission hybrid will be a big mistake.

The days of selling high tax band hatches are gone especially in the current economic climate. The way forward is going to near zero emission vehicle even in the performance sector.

The one thing that stopped me buying an R 3 years ago was the tax banding and threatened increases. The new R needs to be 100g or less in my opinion.

·
UKDM
779 Posts
I hope its at least 240 brake and got a diff from the start

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
I was right to be scepticle of the info then.

Why is it some dealers are giving out wrong/false information? Iv read on other "New type R" threads that some dealers have gone in to depth with info. Just seems odd to me? Keeping customers intrigued maybe?
I honestly don't know why, some people just say what they hope/think/want.

You'd think so but we would be the last to know, tell us and we'll tell everyone else. Honda will keep the info dead quiet until after the press find out. As before, Honda no longer have a compliant 2ltr lump and all racing engines are going the way of the 1.6 base block so i'd hazard a guess at that direction. but as I say, its only a guess.

I must admit I still think anything other than a low emission hybrid will be a big mistake.

The days of selling high tax band hatches are gone especially in the current economic climate. The way forward is going to near zero emission vehicle even in the performance sector.

The one thing that stopped me buying an R 3 years ago was the tax banding and threatened increases. The new R needs to be 100g or less in my opinion.
Bang on and certainly the way that Honda have been going recently, you only need to look at the New NSX to see that.

I hope its at least 240 brake and got a diff from the start
If its a Type R then lets hope, married with some new fangled green magic. I suspect a sports variant may be launched, somewhere in the middle though.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Thanks. I would have thought 1.8 or 1.6. Electric i doubt unless it is an short term energy recovery release system, a mini KERS type system. Full on electric is just a gimmick.

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Okay, Okay, I'll Fess up. I know a lot more than i'm letting on.

I have seen one of the prototypes at Swindon. I was silver, had scissor doors and a foodblender type thing on the back screen. Apparently, it goes SO fast, you get to where you are going before you've left.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
Your selling it like a lambo lol. Does it come with rockets and flaming exhaust?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts