2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have the skills to do this? I have the kit but lack instructions but I am willing to compensate anyone who can fill the blanks in and provide a decent quality photos (not iphone pictures).

What do I need to know basically is where to connect the kit and my guess is a power supply that is powered up with the side / head lights or with the ignition. To be fair if these work with the ignition you would always have illuminated footwells but would not really notice it in the day, I don't see that it is to hard to find a power source for this but as I don't have access to the car it is hard for me.

I am willing to provide a full refund on the price of the kit + £20 if the details provided are good with very good pictures (all via email), maybe SXY (Sam) can access one of these as I know for sure he has the skill to fill in the blanks etc.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I thought that was :(

Unfortunately, wiring diagrams for the 9g are not in the public domain and the fuse box is not as accessible as the 8g's with all major plugs tucked high up in the dash.

The glove box light is also an option, as it is also very easy to get to.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought that was :(

Unfortunately, wiring diagrams for the 9g are not in the public domain and the fuse box is not as accessible as the 8g's with all major plugs tucked high up in the dash.

The glove box light is also an option, as it is also very easy to get to.
this is my favourite but I think this is now switched via the door so one wire needs to go to the light or an earth and the other to the door switch. Just because the fuse box is high under the dash does not mean the 2 wires you are looking to connect to are, my guess is around the left or right lower footwell side panel will be at least a ignition switched power supply that goes to the boot for the light or aux supply so this should not be to hard to find and access if you know what to look for ;)

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Does anyone have the skills to do this? I have the kit but lack instructions but I am willing to compensate anyone who can fill the blanks in and provide a decent quality photos (not iphone pictures).

What do I need to know basically is where to connect the kit and my guess is a power supply that is powered up with the side / head lights or with the ignition. To be fair if these work with the ignition you would always have illuminated footwells but would not really notice it in the day, I don't see that it is to hard to find a power source for this but as I don't have access to the car it is hard for me.

I am willing to provide a full refund on the price of the kit + £20 if the details provided are good with very good pictures (all via email), maybe SXY (Sam) can access one of these as I know for sure he has the skill to fill in the blanks etc.
I have the original Honda footlight kit, i bought it just last week. Comes with installation notes, i could scan and post them if it might be helpful?

Kris

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the original Honda footlight kit, i bought it just last week. Comes with installation notes, i could scan and post them if it might be helpful?

Kris
It might help me to know where to look but would still need to look in a car to locate the wires as the honda kit will have a plug that i wont be able to get

·
Registered
9 Posts
installation notes

Kris
hi could you forward these to me if possible???? as i have a 9th gen so can look at instructions and work back to fuse box as i would guess after looking that it is wired to the drivers side fuse box:eek:

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NOW HAVE 9G Footwell Kits

Due to having no pictures of my lights fitted at night in a 9G Civic I am willing to sell 2 kits (1 Red & 1 Blue) and do a 50% refund when I receive high quality pictures taken at night with no flash in a clean car like the ones below. This is on a 1st come 1st sent basis.

I will add this is very very easy to install and my guess is it will take less than 10 minutes if you are skilled and you don't have to remove any trims etc

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Due to having no pictures of my lights fitted at night in a 9G Civic I am willing to sell 2 kits (1 Red & 1 Blue) and do a 50% refund when I receive high quality pictures taken at night with no flash in a clean car like the ones below. This is on a 1st come 1st sent basis.

I will add this is very very easy to install and my guess is it will take less than 10 minutes if you are skilled and you don't have to remove any trims etc

Surly someone owning a 9G wants to try my kit:worms: I will add no wire are cut and this is very very easy to install with no panels to remove inside the car etc, you could even trap the wires inside the plug so this could be removed in 5 minutes and leave no evidence that this was ever fitted to the car if this suits you better.

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Surly someone owning a 9G wants to try my kit:worms: I will add no wire are cut and this is very very easy to install with no panels to remove inside the car etc, you could even trap the wires inside the plug so this could be removed in 5 minutes and leave no evidence that this was ever fitted to the car if this suits you better.

Anyone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts