2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
could not find a single pic or video of a 9th gen 2.2 fuel filter exchange so went in blind with my limited skills. managed to get to the filter housing (ECU needs removing).

cant get the filter to unscrew with one of these

anyone got any ideas?

IMG_4614.JPG IMG_4625.JPG

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think you need one of these :

The tool you link to is for the oil filter, not the fuel filter

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes i realise that, due to covid-19, cox and many others are not sending out items on a timely basis (if at all) so i was wondering if anyone had an unconventional way of removing it.
had ordering been an option, i would have ordered this one as its much cheaper

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ye i got my service items too. if you check their covid status page they are not sending out items until monday and essential items only at that

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
solved.

just used a thin/long piece of wood (represented by purple in pic) and pushed it against one of the the lips on the cap, then lightly tapped the wood with a hammer thus spinning the cap around. then used a smooth jawed water pump plier on the centre part of the cap to spin it round. same to tighten it again. counted rotation to make sure i tightened correctly. lined up perfectly too.

on a side note, the old filter was filthy, pic attached

IMG_4625.JPG IMG_4627.JPG

·
Registered
284 Posts
It looks like a bit of 1/2 inch ply or something could easily be made to slot into the filter, pair of mole grips around the ply and it would install just fine without risk of damage

Or you could just buy the correct tool that you linked to earlier, although most people would be unlikely to change the filter more than once or twice in the life of their car

1 - 7 of 7 Posts