2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to honda and have a civic sport. I can not get the boot to open using the key fob, but I can open it manually with the handle on the boot. Why is it not working using my key as the rest of the car opens up when I use my key fob. Regards Mark

·
4,225 Posts
Must admit that I wondered that too K.
I had an Accord Sport and know that there are/were several 10G Sports.
Does the 9G have a 'handle' to open the boot? The 10G has a press button.

·
Super Moderator
2,214 Posts
yep my civic 9g is sport
its just a trim level nothing special about it
it does sound like the op is expecting it to fully open on the fob but as said the key fob only unlocks the car the button that is marked as boot/tailgate unlocks the boot only and leaves the doors locked allowing the safe loading of the boot and once you close the tailgate its locked again
the 9g is same as 8g just the button that releases the catch

·
4,225 Posts
it does sound like the op is expecting it to fully open on the fob but as said the key fob only unlocks the car the button that is marked as boot/tailgate unlocks the boot only and leaves the doors locked allowing the safe loading of the boot and once you close the tailgate its locked again
the 9g is same as 8g just the button that releases the catch
But we may never know. He was here 6 hours ago and has obviously given his thread a stiff ignoring.
I was disappointed about that as I was going to fit uprated struts to mt Civic so that the boot opened on the fob. My two Accords popped the boot catch on the fob, so that Idea would have worked on them.

·
Veedub
532 Posts
Is there a 9th gen Civic Sport ?

I'm out of touch with the 9G model lineup
I had the 9th Gen SR, which was good value to me. well built good quality materials inside. Can't say the same about my current 10th Gen Sport +

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
I had the 9th Gen SR, which was good value to me. well built good quality materials inside. Can't say the same about my current 10th Gen Sport +
The quality of the 9th gen is nothing like as good as my Accord was IMO - still happy with my 9th gen EX plus but still would have been nice to have Accord quality....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts