2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello boys and girls. Just picked up my new shiny es, it's all very lovey. However, my iPhone is all connected up and works as expected. I was also supprised to learn it can stream music from your iPhone to car.

However, i can't seem to see what song is playing on the dash screen. I assume this is not a supported feature?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Hello boys and girls. Just picked up my new shiny es, it's all very lovey. However, my iPhone is all connected up and works as expected. I was also supprised to learn it can stream music from your iPhone to car.

However, i can't seem to see what song is playing on the dash screen. I assume this is not a supported feature?
Yep, not supported :(

Not sure if this an iPhone thing or the software in the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its odd. Given that it connects, plays and skips tracks and show what phone is paired you would think it could show the track name

·
Registered
429 Posts
When a USB is plugged in I get all the titles and singers names both on the iMid and satnav screen.

I thought I had the same with Bluetooth on my iPhone 3GS running os5 but need to double check. When listening to radio recordings (iPhone app) it shows all the details of the programme being listened to or being played back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
When the iphone is plugged in via USB?
Why would anyone plug their phone in other than to charge the battery? Bluetooth just works for everything and every iPhone audio app accesses the satnav and iMid screen to display its information. If I had no Bluetooth I would connect the phone via the aux socket which gives the same features.

I have duplicated all my music onto a USB which I leave connected permanently. All song information is displayed. I now just switch between iPhone, USB and radio. I have not needed the aux yet.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Why would anyone plug their phone in other than to charge the battery? Bluetooth just works for everything and every iPhone audio app accesses the satnav and iMid screen to display its information. If I had no Bluetooth I would connect the phone via the aux socket which gives the same features.

I have duplicated all my music onto a USB which I leave connected permanently. All song information is displayed. I now just switch between iPhone, USB and radio. I have not needed the aux yet.
I acutally leave my old iPod Touch in connected to the USB and have a 16gb USB key with every 'Now' album on it... more the enough music (I have not even added any CD's to HDD yet lol.... Music overkill)

Not sure what you mean by connecting to aux socket? Only the USB port allows data transfer to the HU

My iphone is connected by an Apple AV lead to a USB charger under the dash and to the AV ports in the armrest (L,R and Video)... This allows me to play my iphone music/videos through the HU (Even more music lol)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts