2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just sat in Honda , and looked over my shoulder and for some reason this angle it looked good! It's growing on me,

Any one else think this?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339240326.841464.jpg

·
I'm going fast again!
1,137 Posts
Nope! :lol: I still think it's horrid. It reminds me of a Prius.

·
World Traveller
1,814 Posts
Growing on me too, and I love the interior.

Just needs some sportier features before i get one to be fair, maybe a nice set of 18" wheels? Different grill? And maybe some sort of exhaust on the back.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Nope :( still don't Like it ! I was at traffic lights today & silver one right next to Me & i still don't like it :( ? But that's just my opinion as there are plenty members who have them & I wouldn't slate just because I don't like it :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do agree,,if it had sporty alloys. Spoiler , etc it could be a really nice car.,

However I'm still not sure on the plastic looking v at the front :/, what was they thinking.

But j can see why people don't like it, I'm 90/10 on it, as in 90% dislike but it did start on 100% ha ha

·
Ageing Petrol Head!
352 Posts
a backwards step.........i said the same when the sierra took over from the cortina too (showing my age)......

·
Premium Member
749 Posts
a backwards step.........i said the same when the sierra took over from the cortina too (showing my age)......
I almost always think that a new model looks worse than its predecessor, but after 6 months or so it's generally a different story! At the moment though, I too think the 9th gen looks like an old man's car, which is an image that Honda finally managed to shake off with the 8th gen:popcorn:
BTW I'm an old git too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nope, seen a couple on the road so far. They plend into the back grounds looks like a prius.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I too think the 9th gen looks like an old man's car, which is an image that Honda finally managed to shake off with the 8th gen:popcorn:
Why would they try and shake off this image? In my time I have bought over 20 brand new cars and these days it's us older drivers that have the cash both to buy and insure them. Of course I love it. :D

Years ago I had an open real tape deck on the passenger dash shelf and when recording my favourite music (as I drove) would have to pull over every time a bridge crossed the road while I waited for my recording of the song to end. Now everything - past, present and future, is on my USB stick. No longer do I spend early mornings cleaning contact breaker points as my new Honda always just starts first time. With my modern radial tyres I can drive round corners in the wet without skidding (old cross -ply tyres had no grip at all). Life is good. 9G is very good !!

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Nope sorry and i don't think it ever will looking like it does

Unless it has a major facelift, and for me just aint got the want factor :(

·
Banned
1,929 Posts
Not growing on me, sorry.

Why would they try and shake off this image? In my time I have bought over 20 brand new cars and these days it's us older drivers that have the cash both to buy and insure them. Of course I love it. :D

Years ago I had an open real tape deck on the passenger dash shelf and when recording my favourite music (as I drove) would have to pull over every time a bridge crossed the road while I waited for my recording of the song to end. Now everything - past, present and future, is on my USB stick. No longer do I spend early mornings cleaning contact breaker points as my new Honda always just starts first time. With my modern radial tyres I can drive round corners in the wet without skidding (old cross -ply tyres had no grip at all). Life is good. 9G is very good !!

That's all great, but when you compare it with the 90% of other modern cars which do this, for me, the 9-gen is not good enough.

However, I'm glad you're happy with your purchase and do hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks this car looks great in the Yellow Topaz colour?

http://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk/images/models/honda-civic-5-dr-side-profile-1.jpg

Also, I'm a bit baffled by the "old man's car" comments. While I can see how some of the 8th gen fans are disappointed by the re-design, it still looks sportier than most other cars in it's class imho.

If this is an old man's car, then what is a Golf or a Focus or an Auris or any other of the so called "class leading" cars??

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Now looks good in that colour but I have only seen the standard colours and no individual touches to them.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts