2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know when we are likely to be able to buy Mugen parts for the 9G? I don't really want to wait for the TypeR stuff. To be honest i'm seeing a severe lack of 9G mods in general

·
Registered
616 Posts
Anyone know when we are likely to be able to buy Mugen parts for the 9G? I don't really want to wait for the TypeR stuff. To be honest i'm seeing a severe lack of 9G mods in general
From what I understand you can already?
Hellofa expensive though.

·
Pothole Surfer
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nah, he won the Honda competition...

I read the thread in the Mugen section hehe

Thanks for the links, i might check them out. Can't afford it yet, but we'll see.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Mugen could do to make some wheel arch covers by the looks of it. Both colour coding and a slight bulge would make all the difference.

·
Registered
616 Posts
*warning rant incoming*

I'm pretty angry with Mugen (sorry) for charging this much money for colored plastic.
I can see on the pictures that every piece except the rear wing spoiler is just a clip on. You don't even remove the front bumper or rear, just clip/tape it on.

As comparison, as my signature states I had a 2010 Toyota Avensis.
I bought the front grill and front lower spoiler (same types as Mugen) Toyota Motorsport body kit pieces directly from Toyota and they didn't charge 800£ (ridiculous) per piece and it took 3 days to be delivered.
You know what they charge? The front grill cost me 140£ and the front lip/spoiler 160£ and I didn't need to buy it presprayed.
But maybe there's some magic material in mugen parts that makes your car fly I don't know.

*rant over*

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
*warning rant incoming*

I'm pretty angry with Mugen (sorry) for charging this much money for colored plastic.
I can see on the pictures that every piece except the rear wing spoiler is just a clip on. You don't even remove the front bumper or rear, just clip/tape it on.

As comparison, as my signature states I had a 2010 Toyota Avensis.
I bought the front grill and front lower spoiler (same types as Mugen) Toyota Motorsport body kit pieces directly from Toyota and they didn't charge 800£ (ridiculous) per piece and it took 3 days to be delivered.
You know what they charge? The front grill cost me 140£ and the front lip/spoiler 160£ and I didn't need to buy it presprayed.
But maybe there's some magic material in mugen parts that makes your car fly I don't know.

*rant over*
It's called exclusivity. If they were as cheap as Toyota parts, everyone would have them.

If you don't like it, don't buy them.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Here's a pic of my Avensis. Same stuff.

·
Registered
616 Posts
It's called exclusivity. If they were as cheap as Toyota parts, everyone would have them.

If you don't like it, don't buy them.
FYI I was the first one to buy these parts separately and there's very few with that bodykit on the road.

Mugen's prices are ridiculous and I wouldn't care if there were humane priced alternatives, but there's none yet.

Sorry everyone ain't rich and spoiled.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
FYI I was the first one to buy these parts separately and there's very few with that bodykit on the road.

Mugen's prices are ridiculous and I wouldn't care if there were humane priced alternatives, but there's none yet.

Sorry everyone ain't rich and spoiled.
Have you seen the South Mimms pics yet? Every other Civic on there has a Mugen spoiler, the majority of which are probably fake.

The whole point of Mugen is that they're expensive so that they're exclusive. You're paying for the brand. It's really pretty pointless getting angry with them.
Are you angry at BMW as well? You're paying for the badge...

FYI, I'm not rich or spoiled, which is why I don't have anything Mugen on my car - I can't afford it. I don't get angry about it though ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Have you seen the South Mimms pics yet? Every other Civic on there has a Mugen spoiler, the majority of which are probably fake.

The whole point of Mugen is that they're expensive so that they're exclusive. You're paying for the brand. It's really pretty pointless getting angry with them.
Are you angry at BMW as well? You're paying for the badge...

FYI, I'm not rich or spoiled, which is why I don't have anything Mugen on my car - I can't afford it. I don't get angry about it though ;)
That's pretty much why I drive japanese cars and not german ones (I don't buy in to the hype and if you're a DYIer... no :) ).
Even though I feel my rant is well deserved for charging 100£ for a Cap I do see your point about being exclusive.

One of the reasons I choose the civic was the aftermarket support, but sadly I only find american stuff and no euro.

The Nissan Qashqai I had a while had massive UK aftermarket support aswell and this Civic is much better darnit! :)

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
That's pretty much why I drive japanese cars and not german ones (I don't buy in to the hype and if you're a DYIer... no :) ).
Even though I feel my rant is well deserved for charging 100£ for a Cap I do see your point about being exclusive.

One of the reasons I choose the civic was the aftermarket support, but sadly I only find american stuff and no euro.

The Nissan Qashqai I had a while had massive UK aftermarket support aswell and this Civic is much better darnit! :)
Aftermarket companies seem to be slow with producing parts for the latest Civics. Parts for the 8th gen have only really become common in the last couple of years.

Plus with no performance version of the 9th gen (yet) I think they'll probably be even more reluctant to produce anything :(

And for engineering, which is not really the case with a piece of plastic, IMHO.
Agreed. But they're still overpriced.

Although the Mugen wing, at least, went through a lot of R&D, wind tunnel tests etc.

·
Premium Member
3,216 Posts
Well maybe not that exclusive if ebay is lined with fakes.

Surely if Mugen made them cheaper they'd sell a lot more so still end up with the same profits and also it might put some of the pirates out of business as they might not be worth copying if potential profits were lower. I see it as like Rolex watches. Some people copy those but I've yet to see a copied Casio. Why? Most probably the price.

·
...............Daedalus
3,687 Posts
Well maybe not that exclusive if ebay is lined with fakes.

Surely if Mugen made them cheaper they'd sell a lot more so still end up with the same profits and also it might put some of the pirates out of business as they might not be worth copying if potential profits were lower. I see it as like Rolex watches. Some people copy those but I've yet to see a copied Casio. Why? Most probably the price.
Agreed, the fakes ruin the exclusivity.

But then again, except for the Type R Kits one, they're all of very poor quality.

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

·
Kennoway Man
611 Posts
You think Honda's after market supports bad.. Try Volvo..

I had the C30 R-Design.. And you can hardly find anything Aftermarket for the car at all.. As for forums too there all Scandinavian.. Which is really annoying..

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts