1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
Whilst I'm not sure about fitment, As far as I'm aware, with side to side comparison, the rear brakes are completely identical to the brakes on the FL 9G except with some red paint.
With that in mind, You could do a slightly cheaper set up with all new parts -
2x New callipers, £600 - GENUINE HONDA BREMBO FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS CIVIC TYPE R 15+ FK2 FK8 | Tegiwa Imports
2x Discs, £169 - 214 Depending on preference -https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/honda/civic-9th-gen/2.0-Turbo-Type-R-(FK2)-2015-2017/1001476
2x Pads, EBC Yellowstuff, £165 - https://ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/honda/civic-9th-gen/2.0-Turbo-Type-R-(FK2)-2015-2017/1001476
With fancy looking slotted and drilled rotors, that comes out to £982 - Giving a little head room for some paint for the rear callipers. - If you opt for OE Discs from EBC and Redstuff, It comes out slightly cheaper - Tegiwa have braided lines for £125, But I'd have thought you could fit with the OE Lines.

Now, As to actually fitting, I've no idea :laugh:

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys for the options.

Yeah this is the thing no one seems to have done any kind of BBK conversion for the 9th gen.

I am mainly interested only for the front and to do some form of BBK kit on it.

Want to track the car eventually and would be nice to have it.

If I manage to figure something out will be sure to post it here for anyone who is interested.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
340 Posts

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
I just posted a question on the freaky web page asking if that kit fits Fk3, apparently it does :) They also do a kit fith the megane 2 rs brembos which is a smidge cheaper

I would much prefer to have a kit of new parts rather than cobble together something from unknown / second hand parts, especially if its related to braking!

·
Clutch pedal guru
5,098 Posts
I just posted a question on the freaky web page asking if that kit fits Fk3, apparently it does :) They also do a kit fith the megane 2 rs brembos which is a smidge cheaper

I would much prefer to have a kit of new parts rather than cobble together something from unknown / second hand parts, especially if its related to braking!
And what is wrong with fitting 2nd hand brake calipers? As long as they're in good condition, they're fine to fit.

It's the same as buying a 2nd hand car. Unless you buy new brakes, suspension and tyres every time?

·
Premium Member
340 Posts
And what is wrong with fitting 2nd hand brake calipers? As long as they're in good condition, they're fine to fit.

It's the same as buying a 2nd hand car. Unless you buy new brakes, suspension and tyres every time?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with fitting second hand brake parts. I said i'd prefer to buy new.

I'm actually buying a second hand car this weekend, and yes, i'm absolutely planning to replace the brakes, tyres and suspension :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts