2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

9th gen waiting list

4K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Craigieboy902 
#1 ·
Hi

My mum and dad ordered a civic three weeks ago, deposit put down for it to arrive 1st of march for the new plate.

They have just received a phone call to say that due to them selecting a grey interior option ( not as popular as black) , it will be a 5 month delay for the car. Needless to say they are not happy.

Anyone had any similar experience with anything like this ???

They are not sure what to do as they still want the car, but five months seems a bit excessive for an interior.

I would say though that all this should have been stated before they signed the deal, so they should be entitled to their deposit back and walk away if they want.

Cheers

Craig.

#9 ·
Because they are made in batches of colour and trim you sometimes have to alter your specs to it sooner rather than later.

If Honda aren't going to be getting grey in for a few months then do as bodgerx says.

#11 ·
Virtually no-one orders the grey interior so, Honda dont build many, (if any) for stock. WHy build something and tie money up in something you dont sell many of? A 5 month build time is standard quote (16-20weeks).

No way should there be a 5 month wait. I would take my business elsewhere no matter how much I liked the car. Poor service from Honda that.:(
Poor service from the dealer for not checking when the customer was sitting infront of them, where they could have seen if there was available stock or not.

I would tell them to stick it and change brand, it is clear Honda are struggling to sell cars in Europe and they feed you that bull to try and clear existing stock!
See above for a simple explanation as to how this is not "bull" we dont live in the 90's any more so there arent fields full of built cars waiting to be sold.

#17 ·
Virtually no-one orders the grey interior so, Honda dont build many, (if any) for stock. WHy build something and tie money up in something you dont sell many of? A 5 month build time is standard quote (16-20weeks).

Poor service from the dealer for not checking when the customer was sitting infront of them, where they could have seen if there was available stock or not.

See above for a simple explanation as to how this is not "bull" we dont live in the 90's any more so there arent fields full of built cars waiting to be sold.
One week after Honda announce big UK job losses and they are offering 0% across most their cars, of course Honda is right and the customer is wrong in wanting what they want (and weirdly a colour Honda offers).

If there is not fields of cars then maybe they should try and provide what the customer wants in a timely manner.

I welcome dealer insight but sometimes it just goes wrong for me and just reads I would do better, I must sell cars!

#12 ·
Have they got a vehicle - if so no problem as the value of their current vehicle will depreciate but their new Honda will gain value by the time they get it. As the deal is already done then the dealer can't re-negotiate due to depreciation so all is good.

Also due to being inconvenienced they should be looking for some compensation, such as 3 years servicing for example.

#14 ·
+1

Sounds like a dealer tactic to shift other models they probably ordered on a bulk order. I ordered my civic with a 22 week wait and was told could have it next week in a different colour, I stuck with what I wanted and had it 5 weeks later.

See what other dealers can do if they want that car in that time frame otherwise tell them you'll wait. No point in ordering a brand new which is not what you may want, might as well have gone second hand if you're making a comprise.

#15 ·
+1

Sounds like a dealer tactic to shift other models they probably ordered on a bulk order. I ordered my civic with a 22 week wait and was told could have it next week in a different colour, I stuck with what I wanted and had it 5 weeks later.

See what other dealers can do if they want that car in that time frame otherwise tell them you'll wait. No point in ordering a brand new which is not what you may want, might as well have gone second hand if you're making a comprise.
what are you on about?

#20 ·
I have just had a look on our Honda system (I work at Honda) and it is a 20 week back to factory type of order.

They do not make the grey as a standard, so the dealer should have known that they couldn't get it for the 1st March.

You will only be able to get black interior. Doesn't sound like a good dealer if they have told you the wrong date, that is a big no no.

If you fancy another dealer, I'm more than happy to do it and beat their price also.

#23 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys,

They are still negotiating with the dealer, have received an apology from the dealer and can walk away with deposit obviously if they want. They have also called other dealers and have been told the same.

They are still really keen on a civic, so as it stands 20 weeks is the rough waiting time for a grey interior, it's either wait or go for black.

Initially they and me were just a bit taken a back to the wait time for a civic not realising that they don't mass produce the grey interior. Also the dealer was quick to offer alternative black interior. Guess they just felt like they were being pushed towards the black and told the wait time for grey to put them off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.