2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of an update on my FD2, which is running Toda A3 cams, manifold and exhaust plus Mugen intake and mapped with Flashpro. Always been pretty happy with the performance but some of the datalogs suggested that the ECU was not playing ball for various reasons and a bit more might be possible out of the old girl.

Well, took it back to TDI South yesterday and Sam did a complete remap on the hub dyno from scratch - it took him nearly 6 hours and I didn't get away till after 7.30pm! Suffice to say that I'm absolutely delighted with the results (see below) :) The power delivery is so smooth and there's more grunt, especially from 4-5.5K and after 7K rpm (even the g/f remarked on this!). Also, throttle response is much improved. I now feel that I have finally achieved the kind of driving experience that I had been hoping for all along when planning my series of modifications :D

I would like to add that I really appreciate the time that Sam put in into it, especially as he worked so late to get to get it 'just right'. I'm also grateful to Dennis, Sean and the other guy (can't remember his name) as I was aware that they were also delayed in getting away as a result of the remapping.

Dyno plot below - please note these are hub figures, not estimated flywheel. Torque curve: grey = before, black = after. Power curve: black = before, red = after

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Im comfused didnt u post this the other day and there were loads of replies? where did they all go?

·
Registered
872 Posts
A bit of an update on my FD2, which is running Toda A3 cams, manifold and exhaust plus Mugen intake and mapped with Flashpro. Always been pretty happy with the performance but some of the datalogs suggested that the ECU was not playing ball for various reasons and a bit more might be possible out of the old girl.

Well, took it back to TDI South yesterday and Sam did a complete remap on the hub dyno from scratch - it took him nearly 6 hours and I didn't get away till after 7.30pm! Suffice to say that I'm absolutely delighted with the results (see below) :) The power delivery is so smooth and there's more grunt, especially from 4-5.5K and after 7K rpm (even the g/f remarked on this!). Also, throttle response is much improved. I now feel that I have finally achieved the kind of driving experience that I had been hoping for all along when planning my series of modifications :D

I would like to add that I really appreciate the time that Sam put in into it, especially as he worked so late to get to get it 'just right'. I'm also grateful to Dennis, Sean and the other guy (can't remember his name) as I was aware that they were also delayed in getting away as a result of the remapping.

Dyno plot below - please note these are hub figures, not estimated flywheel. Torque curve: grey = before, black = after. Power curve: black = before, red = after

am i reading this correctly - max BHP 228 ?

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
hmmmmmmmmmmm

A disturbance in the force i detect about this car

hmmmmmmmmmmm

;)

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will do. Just some fettling and porting of the head and a bit of an experiment with a custom fabricated spacer to extend the runner lenths of the RRC :)

·
aka Paul
4,524 Posts
Nice one fella, looking good :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,524 Posts
Did you change IM studs for longer ones or just use what you have . did cross my mind a while back about 2 or 3hondata gaskets together or using one as a template to make a spacer

1 - 20 of 78 Posts