2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
living the dream
1,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my EX is an ex-company car and when I purchased it I did notice that they had installed a nokia handsfree kit along with charger unit. It never really bothered me that much and I couldn't justify the hassle of removing it was all wired in behind the dash etc.

I came to install my Video in cable that I purchase from Bog and firstly noticed that the dash cover under the glove box was non existant!! then as I put my hand up to find the back of the dvd unit I noticed some foam stuffed up there.. I removed it and down dropped this Nokia box thing.. wiring doesn't look great to me and it certainly wasn't secured too well.

What would you do with it? stick it back up there? I was wondering If I could take advantage of the power and any other leads to use as some kind of audio input as 'AUX in' was going to be my other challenge when Bog releases his magic video switcher box.

heres a pic anyway:

cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Depends on how its wired.

If it has an auto switcher between the box and your speakers then you could use it as a route into your front speakers, but not an aux in to the head unit.

If it uses an external speaker, then you have no hope!!

Steve

1 - 2 of 2 Posts