2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Hope you're all well. Not been on here for a long time as we had a new addition to the family, but hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

The A/C has suddenly stopped blowing cold air in my MK8 Civic and this isn't ideal with a young child on a hot day, as you can imagine.

Like other posters on here I have checked multiple threads on A/C issues and tried everything mentioned but to no avail.

In no particular order:

• I checked and replaced the under-hood relay - Original was rattling. Replaced it with the Mitsuba version
  • I've checked all fuses (engine/interior) - All are ok
  • The compressor does kick in when the A/C is turned on and engine running
  • I had an air con check earlier in the year and the levels were noted as fine so left it until end of June, before just having it emptied and re-gassed to make sure that wasn't related to the issue
  • I've just gone and had the pressures checked again today and all are fine, so doesn't seem to be any leaks
The only thing I have noticed is one of the pipes linked to the A/C underneath the hood is not getting as cold as it should do when the A/C is turned on.

Is there any chance it could be air filter related due to build up of dust and rubbish from the road? The car is going in tomorrow for a full service, so all filters will be changed over.

I just wanted to see if any other ideas before I drop it off and potentially get quoted something ridiculous for something that could be so simple to fix myself.

Any new ideas are greatly appreciated and apologies for a query which has been asked countless times.

·
Registered
47 Posts
On mine the air con would work briefly when the car was started, and would then cut out. Removed a shim from the compressor clutch pulley and all fixed :) There are other threads about it on here.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update: after the service today the AC seems to be working as it should again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts