2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've had the civic re-gassed a few times over the years - More recently 3-4 months ago - It started to become weaker and would work OK on a morning but after mid day piratically warm.

Took it for another re-gas - They took 140 gas Out and no oil - put 465 gas in with 10CC oil and 5CC UV fluid.

I'm guessing theirs a small leak that cannot be detected via the 20 min pressure test.

Other than the condenser is it likely to be anything else? - Am i worth while changing the pressure refill valves (High and Low)

A/C clutch was still kicking in right before the re-gas too.

I will need to get a UV lamp to see if i can see any leaks after a little while

any help is appreciated as always.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Hi all,

So I've had the civic re-gassed a few times over the years - More recently 3-4 months ago - It started to become weaker and would work OK on a morning but after mid day piratically warm.

Took it for another re-gas - They took 140 gas Out and no oil - put 465 gas in with 10CC oil and 5CC UV fluid.

I'm guessing theirs a small leak that cannot be detected via the 20 min pressure test.

Other than the condenser is it likely to be anything else? - Am i worth while changing the pressure refill valves (High and Low)

A/C clutch was still kicking in right before the re-gas too.

I will need to get a UV lamp to see if i can see any leaks after a little while

any help is appreciated as always.

Thanks
Why not take it back to them to check where the leak is coming from when it starts blowing warm again?

Reactions: Farqui

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not take it back to them to check where the leak is coming from when it starts blowing warm again?
I asked them about that and said it would be a few hours labour due to need to take the bumper off (£45-50) - But as they've added the dye i can certainly buy a UV torch to check - but i will need to take the bumper off to do this.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any other problem specifically to leaks and where (as the relay is fine)

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
I asked them about that and said it would be a few hours labour due to need to take the bumper off (£45-50) - But as they've added the dye i can certainly buy a UV torch to check - but i will need to take the bumper off to do this.

Just wanted to know if anyone had any other problem specifically to leaks and where (as the relay is fine)
Are you going to be replacing the parts, vacuum testing/purging the system and regassing? Sometimes it's worth paying the AC guy to do the work unless you're fully confident you know what you're doing and what you're looking at.

Reactions: The cjrshop

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to be replacing the parts, vacuum testing/purging the system and regassing? Sometimes it's worth paying the AC guy to do the work unless you're fully confident you know what you're doing and what you're looking at.
If i can find the leak then i cant see why not - Hopefully its not the condenser and its the valves - Cheaper and easier fix - but first step is a UV torch and will check after a week or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts