2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got any idea about this please ? Ac wasn't working at all,been to kwick fit ,they couldn't work it out. Now the compressor kicks in ,fans running at low speed .tried changing the black Omron relay .got one engine check light which is ect sensor 2 high input.. any ideas guys..

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had this problem recently. Tried everything in the book. Thought no way it could be something as simple as a re gas but hey presto. One gas top up later everything was hunky dorey :) dontean to be patronising but have you checked that?
I was thinking it needs gasing that's why I took to kwick fit .but they said could be something else

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
A Known fault for this is the rectifier in the Fuse box under the engine faults. Honda have recognised this and have now changed the supplier. See Cox Motor parts for the new part. Around the £25 mark I beleive. See >>>HERE FOR PART<<<
There is a thread on here about it. >>>HERE<<<

It maybe simply a case of a regas, they can check it for you at the garage and see what levels you are at. Im going to bite the bullet and Re-Gas and Replace the rectifier this month ready for summer!

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: found out that my ac working after two days,but ony after reaching 40-50 mph

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
A Known fault for this is the rectifier in the Fuse box under the engine faults. Honda have recognised this and have now changed the supplier. See Cox Motor parts for the new part. Around the £25 mark I beleive. See >>>HERE FOR PART<<<
There is a thread on here about it. >>>HERE<<<

It maybe simply a case of a regas, they can check it for you at the garage and see what levels you are at. Im going to bite the bullet and Re-Gas and Replace the rectifier this month ready for summer!
Interesting... I had a regas because mine wasn't blowing cold at all. Certainly improved things but not 100% convinced it works as it should all the time so I'll look into this more later

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine wasn't blowing cold air. I had it regased at Kwik Fit with no success. I've had an engineer come out and after putting florescent dye in it has diagnosed a leaky condenser.

Yours could have a similier problem.

·
Registered
346 Posts
i just had my honda serviced and mot also had air con regas from the dealer, they noticed that the air con wasnt working when switched turned out to be a relay, which they replaced, the car was under the 12 month honda used warranty, also the door handle loose so that going to be replaced under warranty

1 - 8 of 8 Posts