2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening,

A while back, Tom contacted me to give his 8th Gen a good machine polish. Alas, the weather ruined our plans and he has since got rid of his Type-S.

It looked as though I was never going to get to work on his car! With the weather being constantly crap and the nights getting shorter :(

However, whilst I was getting some new tyres, I noticed an empty unit and enquired about it...long story short, I now have access to a unit whenever I want it :D

I contacted Tom to let him know the good news and find out if he still wanted me to give his car, albeit his new one, the once over. He did.

So, here we go...

I gave the car an enhancement and winter protection

Time started - 8.30am

Car on arrival

I had some new toys to play with - A Nilfisk C120 and AMFoam from AMDetails

Good foaming action

Wheels and tyres cleaned using G101 and Wheel Woolies

Really nice wheels under all the crap

Iron-X then Tardis applied

I decided to give the car a hand wash, 2BM using my waxybox sample of CarChem TailorMade shampoo (nice and minty)

Car after hand wash, Iron-X and Tardis

Car was then clayed using Bilt Hamber clay

For a car that's only a few months old, there was a fair amount of contamination

I decided to give the car a G101 spraydown...just in case...

The car was then moved inside for polishing

Here's my new favourite toy

Car after being dried

Taped up

I checked the paintwork for swirls and scratches. Virtually nothing

I decided to use Megs 205 and a finishing pad as the paintwork was pretty good

I like a manly MF cloth

There were some marks under the wing mirror, possible marring, but these were easily removed

Arty shots coming up

After polishing, I then done an IPA wipedown

I decided to use my new Bouncer's Winter Wax as the LSP

The tyres were then coated with CarPro PERL

Glass polished with new formula Autoglym

Then, with the help of my boy, George, we gave the interior a good vacuum

Applied FK1000P to the wheels and CG Bare Bones underneath

Applied Gtechniq G5 to all of the windows but I will apply G1 if it doesn't last

Applied CarPro DLUX to the exterior plastics

50/50 on the arches

And finally, some finished shots...

Time finished - 4.30pm

Hope you enjoyed reading as much as I did working on the car.

I have to say, I wasn't a big fan of the 9th Gen but I am now, lovely car!

Thanks to Tom for letting me work on it

Cheers
DP

·
I'm going fast again!
1,138 Posts
Awesome job, looks better than new! And that was A LOT of work to do in such a short time. Well impressed!

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome job, looks better than new! And that was A LOT of work to do in such a short time. Well impressed!
Cheers! Awch, it was ok, as I said, the paintwork was in pretty good condition so it made my life easier :)

Nice protection, well done. G5 on glass will last a few months. Great garage, jealous.
Cheers boss!

Nice work as always pal, might have to come see you sometime ;)
Any time mate

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
So, we finally managed to get this sorted.
Car is only 4 weeks old, not had a chance to wash it and probably has 1000 miles now including a couple of motorway jaunts to Manchester and Newcastle.
The paintwork seemed scratch and swirl free, the most important thing for me was good winter protection, properly applied to decent paint. Steven did a great job and car looked stunning when I picked it up, he really gave it the works. I am delighted and would recommend him highly, the unit is clean and spacious and gives him the flexibility. I would highly recommend a winter protection. I can now do a simple snow foam (finally have a working pressure washer and snow foam lance combo) and safe 2 bucket wash to keep it looking tip top

Reactions: Deadpool

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Nice protection, well done. G5 on glass will last a few months. Great garage, jealous.
Shaun, get together with Steven and do a civinfo weekend, get a few cars booked in and you could be quids in, plenty on here would keep you guys busy for a full weekend of civic goodness

Reactions: shaunwistow

·
Cleaning Moderator
12,684 Posts
Shaun, get together with Steven and do a civinfo weekend, get a few cars booked in and you could be quids in, plenty on here would keep you guys busy for a full weekend of civic goodness
Good call, but we are a bit too far apart. Steve can sort you Jocks out on his own ;)

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
Nice work Steve, you certainly got loads done in that timescale. A civic that's virtually swirl free, now that's a rarity :D great unit too you jammy git lol. Well done though mate top job
Totally :D

·
Supporter
3,159 Posts
I know I did not do anything but I am thanking people for taking the time to view and praise Stevens work, cheers

Reactions: pigdog

·
Gooner4Life
831 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good call, but we are a bit too far apart. Steve can sort you Jocks out on his own ;)
haha I'll sort em out!

Nice work Steve, you certainly got loads done in that timescale. A civic that's virtually swirl free, now that's a rarity :D great unit too you jammy git lol. Well done though mate top job
Cheers mate, as I say, the paintwork was pretty spot on so it made things a lot easier.

Cracking job mate the car looks great. Surprised at the state of the clay for new car.

Bet its lovely to work on a car indoors.
So was I! Just shows that claying is a vital process!

It really is good to have an indoor working environment.

I know I did not do anything but I am thanking people for taking the time to view and praise Stevens work, cheers
Cheers Tom :)

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
That's come up lovely! showroom quality you must be very pleased with that Tom :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts