2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its a while since I've been on here, traded in my FN2 type r over two years ago for a 1 series in white ( traitor I know, but needed to cut costs at the time)

Anyway, this has always been the best place for cleaning tips and I'm starting to think about investing in some products for this years cleaning, in particular it's post winter proper clean!

My regime Up until now wouldbe:

Valet pro snow foam
AG shampoo
Ixtar tar remover
Clay (dodo juice supernatural) with QD lubricant
Poor boys white diamond show glaze
Collinite 476s wax.

I've got some DJ red mist also but not tried it yet.

For the wheels:

Bilberry cleaner
Smart wax rim wax
Meguires endurance tyre gel

What do you guys think of the above? I found the white diamond and collinite an excellent combination - a nice glossy wet look.

Looking for particular tips for the wheels, I don't like the rim wax much - a huge amount of effort and doesn't seem to last all that long. Any sealant Products I should be considering?

Cheers in advance folks, I know a lot of you are as anal about a clean car as me!

·
Premium Member
15,644 Posts
I use Bilt hamber Clay..Its award winning and uses water as the lubricant..AND its cheaper
For the wheels I use Wolfs Nano Clean & Coat..Cleans and protects in one application
I also use Bilt Hamber Finis Wax on mine and DJ Supernatural Hybrid Wax on the wifes car

·
Premium Member
12,688 Posts
Looks a good combo Rob. I'm using FK1000P as my LSP & as it is a high temp sealant it will also be going on my alloys, when the weather picks up!!

Agree with Chris & Wayne re BH clay, the dedicated lube for it is water :) I also put a drop of shampoo in a spritz bottle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.