2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've been wanting to increase the exhaust sound of my car for some time now. I've thought about going down the miltech/ blue flame route for some time but what I don't want is the 'burrble' or noise on start up, stuck in traffic or cruising on the motorway.. I only want to increase the noise when I introduce the right pedal into the carpet, ie when the V Tech cuts in....
Now you may think this is a crazy idea but what I want is an exhaust 'by pass valve' working from the V tech.. aka maserati / aston martin..
What I want to know is where to start !!!!!!!
Does the exhaust by pass valves work on the principle of two pipes and a butterfly valve and diverts from a silencer completely or are the silencers built with this already fitted ?.. How do they work ? Can I realisticly afford to make one ? Is there a V tec voltage output that I can fit a relay to so I can acctuate a butterfly valve ?

Any help, other ideas or just if you've had the same idea would be great to hear..

·
Premium Member
770 Posts
Get a hks! No burble on start up dosent drone on the motorway and sounds lurvly in vtec!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do you perhaps mean an exhaust cutout? I have one on my FN2.
To uncap it I have to loosen some bolts and take the cap off, but there are versions where you electrically open the butterfly when you mash the throttle.
I only use it at the dragraces. On the street the noise is unbearable.
My main goal with this is to vent some of the backpressure at high revs when I´m on a 100 bhp nitrous shot.
I´m surprised actually the drag officials haven´t orderend me to do something about the noise at the track yet because in the streetlegal class where I race there is an official 98 dcB limit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts