2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there. I'm new, so be nice [smilie=boggl3y3dum:

Well, I bought my very first Honda Civic today! 2006 model, 1.8 Sport (FK2) with only 55.000 km on the dial (yeah, really :cool: ).

It really is fun te drive. But a few thing need to be changed soon. And there's where I have some questions:

1. I'm used to Xenons. I've Had them the last two years on my previous car. So I think I'll miss the bigger light output. Now I could fit some HID's, which I think are legal here, but I have also seen some very nice LED H7's on ebay, that do between 1800 and 2000 lumens per "bulb" at 5000k. Should look great, and give a lot more light. But strangely, I could not really find a topic here about it. I certainly not the first one to come across those things. So the fact that there is not a lot to be found on them, worries me a bit. So I might have overlooked something. I hope you guys can give me some directions. Most problematic is probably the silly fan protruding on the back of the H7's.

2. Next up: audio. I'm sort of an audio fan, and like a decent quality stereo. So besides fitting a carkit, I'll probably install a small 4-channel amp and change the front door speakers with some decent compo, and change the rear speakers for 6,5" subs (more like kickbass). I already read about the mounting rings you need (either buy them or make them), so that's no real problem (I've done the same on a Nissan years ago). What I really want to know, is the maximum mounting depth. Specially for the rear doors, since mounting a small "sub", will mean a deeper woofer. I'm trying to find out if something like a [URL="http://www.monacor.co.uk/products/carfi-subwoofer/vnr/104350/"]Monacor Raptor 6[/URL] might fit. These little buggers are 152mm deep, so that is about twice the normal size. I could of course check myself, but if someone already did: even better! The rest of the stuff should be quite easy thanks to the info I already found here.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Welcome to :civinfo: mate :)

I would highly doubt an LED replacement bulb for the dipped beam lights will produce anything like the quote lumens output. But I'd be very interested to hear if they did, I stock all bulbs for the civic and it would be a welcomed addition to my catalogue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks!

I would highly doubt an LED replacement bulb for the dipped beam lights will produce anything like the quote lumens output.
Yeah, that is another good point... No way to know if the figures check out without someone ordering a set. At least, if they don't lie about the LED's used, the figures could be real... But who knows :confused:

Welkom! Where in Holland are you from??
Hi there :wave: . I'd like to tell you but then I'd have to.. you know..

·
Living the dream!
8,545 Posts

I would highly doubt an LED replacement bulb for the dipped beam lights will produce anything like the quote lumens output. But I'd be very interested to hear if they did, I stock all bulbs for the civic and it would be a welcomed addition to my catalogue.
I have a led light the same size as 50p and I kid you not its as bright as a headlight on the van . Now I have seen led lamps same style for head lights etc and do think they could be as bright if not better but don't fancy wasting 40 notes to find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'll be ordering a set of LED's in a few weeks.

Audio is more of a "concern" right now. I think I'll be ordering a Scan-Speak compo . Rear door subs will be added later on. The same goes for an amp. I'll try the HU for now, and if I don't like it, I'll probably fit a Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4. It's tiny, so should fit behind the HU and has plenty of power.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts