2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright people, so i finally got my CTR today and have had a few drives in it. Must say the car is a real step up from the Clio182 i had. Interior, gauges, everything just feels well made.

One issue what i hope will calm down is that my back is aching a bit from the seats.

I took it down a certain road and gave the VTEC a pop and that is a lot of fun. It seems to take forever to get to 8,000 RPM which is exciting in its self and then you get this mass of power. Don't think i will get bored of that...!

I have one question though, regarding mpg, i took it down a stretch of carriageway and sat at 70mph and received 33.3mpg. Is this good and how long after reset does the trip computer give you an accurate read out.

Which read out do you go with, the bar graph thing or numerical only?

One thing that is just massively exciting...... is the electric folding mirrors. Jeez that looks cool from the inside as you pull onto the driveway. I like military jets so this for me is amazing.

I got this car as me and my girlfriend of 10 years split up. Thought i deserved something nice. Don't think i will need a girlfriend again now.

BONUS

Thanks for your help today people with my questions. This is a friendly forum, much better than my old Clio sport forum.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess it will settle down, its finding the sweet spot i guess which i imagine is around 77mph. I travel a 100 mile round trip to work that's why im interested. The Clio cost me £60 a week petrol so im expecting at worse an extra £20.

·
Aye Aye....
7,098 Posts
I guess it will settle down, its finding the sweet spot i guess which i imagine is around 77mph. I travel a 100 mile round trip to work that's why im interested. The Clio cost me £60 a week petrol so im expecting at worse an extra £20.
Tbh mate, I find if I drive around 60-65 I get really good mpg, but 70+ and it drops a good bit unfortunately :( plus I like to drive a bit slower as at 70+ the noise is unbearable! :facepalm: lol

·
Registered
379 Posts
Alright people, so i finally got my CTR today and have had a few drives in it. Must say the car is a real step up from the Clio182 i had. Interior, gauges, everything just feels well made.

One issue what i hope will calm down is that my back is aching a bit from the seats.

I took it down a certain road and gave the VTEC a pop and that is a lot of fun. It seems to take forever to get to 8,000 RPM which is exciting in its self and then you get this mass of power. Don't think i will get bored of that...!

I have one question though, regarding mpg, i took it down a stretch of carriageway and sat at 70mph and received 33.3mpg. Is this good and how long after reset does the trip computer give you an accurate read out.

One thing that is just massively exciting...... is the electric folding mirrors. Jeez that looks cool from the inside as you pull onto the driveway. I like military jets so this for me is amazing.

I got this car as me and my girlfriend of 10 years split up. Thought i deserved something nice. Don't think i will need a girlfriend again now.

BONUS

Thanks for your help today people with my questions. This is a friendly forum, much better than my old Clio sport forum.
I did a run today £58 fill up on the good stuff, and drove on motorway doing 70mph and suitcases over 187 miles and got 37mpg

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
nice mate glad that your enjoying the motor i do mostly motorway miles at 70 i usually use the avg mpg number gauge instead of the bars,i have it set on b and reset after every fill up,usually get on a good run 35mpg lowest is 31-32

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's good to now I can eek out a little more. Still impressive considering the size of the car compared to my 182. Tomorrow I will be doing 60 miles so I will see what I get.

·
Registered
379 Posts
nice mate glad that your enjoying the motor i do mostly motorway miles at 70 i usually use the avg mpg number gauge instead of the bars,i have it set on b and reset after every fill up,usually get on a good run 35mpg lowest is 31-32
I get on a spirited motorway journey 32-34 mpg;)

·
Type R GT Milano GP Kit
2,262 Posts

BONUS

CTR nice car to take your mind of any problems, go out for a quick blast and the smiles are back. Plus also there's more fish in the sea and lets face it a proper woman will prefer to get into a CTR than a Nicole (Clio) car. No offence but I see mostly women driving Clio's my sister for one, my Niece my dads fiancee, my other sister used to have one so did my Mum and so on and so on. So definitely a better choice now.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Shouldn't take very long to get to 8000rpm... shift gears later and drive it like you stole it, that is the way this car longs to be driven!
Also, i have only recently had my FN2R remapped and have to say this... If you ever get the feeling that your car in its stock form is being held back, well you are right, its a completely different beast when unleashed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry to here about you & the mrs. The ctr can be your wife :), thinking of doing mods? Moment I bought mine, bang! Started doin things too it & she was screaming saying thank you ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mm no mods in mind yet as I don't want an insurance headache. I will get a Mr Bozo though for sure. I might get a new exhaust at some point. Milltek or Scorpion, nothing to loud.

·
Premium Member
1,057 Posts
Hi mate I do 100 round trip to work in my CTR best speed is 60 - 66 mph and you'll get 370 ish miles to a tank the occasional Vtec and it will drop to 330 drive it like you stole it (and you will as its addictive) 260-270 miles to a tank. You just need a strong will power and just treat yourself now and again and you'll love it, or get a pay rise and don't worry about the cost.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
I find it best driving around 7000rpm in v-tec, that way you get a light breeze coming from your petrol gauge as it falls, saves putting the air con on :)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok thanks for the info people, for boring journeys to work I will keep it at your suggested speeds and then when I want to make a chav look silly I will access the VTEC super weapon.

You lot are great, well done on having a great community.

·
Type R Supporter
320 Posts
Congrats on your purchase mate! I finally picked up my NHB CTR a few weeks ago - it was a great day! You got any mods planned? I put on some cosmetic mods the day I picked it up from the garage before I even left the forecourt! Enjoy our car!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts