2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a few niggles which I have had since shortly after buying my Civic. I had a knocking from the front drivers side which I put down to droplinks. After changing these noise has not gone its exactly the same :mad:

I also have a whirring noise like a wheel bearing but garage checked it out and said a tyre is out of shape causing it - is this feasible?

I have a sort of hissing noise from behind glove box when accelerating, starts just before turbo kicks in and goes when revs higher until gearchange and starts again. Sounds like air escaping but power still there.

Think EGR needs a clean as 1k to 2k RPM when on light throttle the car jerks until throttle is harder - it seems to actually brake the engine for a few mm on the pedal. Is this common?

Sorry for all the questions

Thanks Guys

·
more torque than the mrs
6,638 Posts
Hi all,

I have a few niggles which I have had since shortly after buying my Civic. I had a knocking from the front drivers side which I put down to droplinks. After changing these noise has not gone its exactly the same :mad:
possible top strut mount
I also have a whirring noise like a wheel bearing but garage checked it out and said a tyre is out of shape causing it - is this feasible?
i had the same problem tyre was out of shape
I have a sort of hissing noise from behind glove box when accelerating, starts just before turbo kicks in and goes when revs higher until gearchange and starts again. Sounds like air escaping but power still there.
check your air filter connections
Think EGR needs a clean as 1k to 2k RPM when on light throttle the car jerks until throttle is harder - it seems to actually brake the engine for a few mm on the pedal. Is this common?
egr could need a clean depends on mileage, you could go for a drive and keep the revs at 3k for 20 mins and see if that helps

Thanks Guys
good luck

·
Registered
88 Posts
It's quite possible the noise is being caused by the tyres. I had some awful tyres on my 7th gen civic which made loads of noise, I was convinced it was wheel bearings until I got them replaced!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks Guys
1. Might be bump stops too
2. Try new tyres and an alignment
3. The turbo on the Civic does sound like a hiss and that's normal.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I had the awful drone from the rear tyres; I thought it was a wheel bearing but had them checked and was told it was the horrible mismatched bunch of boots on the car when I bought it; I was recommended Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta by a fellow Civic owner and they are excellent and quiet too, and not too expensive if you shop around.

No noises since!

Dave

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies guys, new shoes on the back soon I think.

As for bump stops is this an expensive or difficult job?

Cheers again :D
Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts