2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

Still new here, got my 59 Plate Milano Red Type S about a month ago.

I took it to Honda under warranty last week to have a couple of teething problems sorted. A knocking sound had emerged from the passenger side from wheel and I'd noticed the outside temperature sensor had fallen off of it's mounting and can be seen from the lower grille hanging by it's cable.

I'd read about the bump stops being a problem on the civics, but the dealership has insisted that there's a leaky shock, and wrecked top mount and tie rods. They're replacing them under warranty and that's fine but the parts wouldn't be in until monday so they gave me the car back for the weekend.

However, the passenger side has gained two massive scratches along the entire length of the passenger side :( I spoke to Honda on Saturday and they said they were going to get the Service manager to call me but so far no luck. So I'm going to fight it out with them when I drop it off tomorrow morning, but my first question is, how safe is it to polish Milando Red paint, I'm worried that if they're incompetent enough to scratch it in the first place, they might ruin the paint trying to repair it.

Second question regards the outside temperature sensor, they wanted £280 to place it back in it's rightful place and it wouldn't be covered by warranty, so I told them I'd rather do it myself - where does the temperature sensor actually belong?

Sorry about a bumper post, I did have a quick search across the forums before posting but didn't come up with anything this specific.

Have a great day!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Someone with a lot more experience will be along to address the polishing comment - you can polish the paint but it is soft.

£280 just to put the temp sensor back is madness. The bumper needs to be removed, (15 minutes), the sensor reclipped (2 minutes if it isn't broken) and the bumper replaced.
The sensor clips just behind the bumper on a cross beam, there's an obvious "home" for it on the driver side of the central beam.

You can see the locating tab here, just ignore the intercooler in the photo as that won't be applicable!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone with a lot more experience will be along to address the polishing comment - you can polish the paint but it is soft.

£280 just to put the temp sensor back is madness. The bumper needs to be removed, (15 minutes), the sensor reclipped (2 minutes if it isn't broken) and the bumper replaced.
The sensor clips just behind the bumper on a cross beam, there's an obvious "home" for it on the driver side of the central beam.

You can see the locating tab here, just ignore the intercooler in the photo as that won't be applicable!
Syx you're a star! £280 is madness indeed and that was ex-vat! you can imagine how I phrased that to them on the phone!

Once I've got the car back from them after it's visit tomorrow, I shall find a dry day (not looking all that common lately!) and get to work!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts