2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Hard to believe ep3 would pull a few car lengths over fn2 in a matter of seconds. It looks like there is a good difference in power. Not sure if weight difference would give ep3 such a big advantage.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Hard to believe ep3 would pull a few car lengths over fn2 in a matter of seconds. It looks like there is a good difference in power. Not sure if weight difference would give ep3 such a big advantage.
That's why I was querying that 100kg weight difference could make that much difference on the road.
I thought the FN2 gearing was a bit lower to compensate and keep the performance figures equal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Top gear slated the FN2 over the EP3 yet the FN2 was 5 seconds quicker on the lap time.

22 seconds difference between the FN2 & EP3 on Nords, FN2 faster but not sure if it is the 2010+ with LSD.

·
Enjoying life
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I've had both. Stock the ep3 is quicker.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Top gear slated the FN2 over the EP3 yet the FN2 was 5 seconds quicker on the lap time.

22 seconds difference between the FN2 & EP3 on Nords, FN2 faster but not sure if it is the 2010+ with LSD.
I remember TDI changing their time attack car for the FN. they said it was better aerodynamically due to the flat floor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
Was hoping the top gear would have been similar conditions. As then you’d have a similar driver to compare to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Enjoying life
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Stock, the ep3 is better. I've owned 2 of them and 1 fn2. The fn2 has better steering if that helps? I reckon to get them on par the fn2 should be 20bhp more than the ep3.

·
Premium Member
226 Posts
Stock, the ep3 is better. I've owned 2 of them and 1 fn2. The fn2 has better steering if that helps? I reckon to get them on par the fn2 should be 20bhp more than the ep3.
But which video do you think has a more accurate comparison in acceleration - with CW or Milano?

·
Enjoying life
8,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
There's not a lot in them, I just feel the k20a2 in the ep3 revs quicker. I think the balancer shafts in the k20z4 are the issue there. The rsp inlet manifold is beefier than the prb in the ep3 though. Not as beefy as my rrc :cool:

21 - 36 of 36 Posts