2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"So your relationship will be a long and happy one."

Yes, that is the advert in the newspaper today from Honda.
Unfortunately the car is the CR-V.

I wonder if Honda would dare run the same advert for the Civic?

Terry

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I wonder if Honda would dare run the same advert for the Civic?
Perhaps for a secondhand previous model, Terry!

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Oh come on the Civic isn't that bad, it's not perfect, but it's isn't that bad. I agree that things could be improved and I am sure they are working to do so ( I am saying that with hope in my heart ) and the civic really could live up to that comment.

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
You haven't been in mine!:(
No, but I have been in mine and I can only comment on my personal experience which is very positive. I accept and understand that others don't have my experience of the Civic and only wish they could.

For me personally the Civic is a great car which lives up to my dream and I am happy with that :).

·
Registered
881 Posts
No, but I have been in mine and I can only comment on my personal experience which is very positive. I accept and understand that others don't have my experience of the Civic and only wish they could.

For me personally the Civic is a great car which lives up to my dream and I am happy with that :).
Same here, our Civic is just as good as any of the premium german metal we had.

·
Registered
10,247 Posts

No wonder you're a Happyman!:D

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
No wonder you're a Happyman!:D
I am not saying the Civic is perfect but is damn good and I love it. I genuinely don't have any rattles - I have turned the radio off to listen specially and I can't hear any thing and the roads I have to drive on make UK roads seem like smooth oceans!

·
Administrator
19,172 Posts
Same here, our Civic is just as good as any of the premium german metal we had.

I agree, I had a BMW and the Civic is on par in my opinion :)

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
I would count my 2 years of owning the Civic as a "relationship that was a long and happy one." :D

I'm looking forward to the same for my CRV - 6 months in and all is good :)

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
civic versus the german opposition..

My 'new' civic is almost 18 months old and doesnt have a single rattle or squeak and is a joy to drive. I have had premium German metal before this, namely a golf, a c200, an slk230 and lastly an ML320... none of them handled as well as the civic (IMHO), all of them rattled and squeaked, all of them were outrageously expensive to maintain and frankly were just not that enjoyable or comfortable to drive....ok the slk was a hoot to drive but its short-comings unfortunately made up for that - and with a re-map the civic would be very nearly as quick on the 0-60. How many weekends did I spend with my head stuck in various parts of those cars while my very patient other half drove along whilst I played the never ending game of 'hunt the squeak'. Its so refreshing to actually turn off the lovely sound system in the civic and listen to...well, nothing at all!!! I know there are good and bad examples of all cars but so far I can't fault the civic in any area and think its a well designed and solid car. I just hope its as rattle and fault free tomorrow after I've dismantled various bits of it when I fit Rick's ambient lighting kit.. I'm not the best DIY'er in the world lol. :worms:

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
I saw that advert in the latest Auto Express.

"A Honda is built to last"

Time will tell.

I know that most of us will defend our car choice to the hilt and don't like it when others criticise our choice.

However, I will admit that I made a bad decision buying my current Civic and I should have taken a test drive first.

Later models hopefully are better. The i-shift in some models has gone and an i-shift Mk2 is now being fitted to others, hopefully with significant improvements. The easily scratched dash has been modified which are all plus changes.

This leaves the suspension, which I understand has been 'tweaked' at some time since I got mine.

I wonder if Honda have managed to reduce the engine drone on petrol models that kicks in at just over 3000rpm?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I don't know where you guys got your civic's, but mine is a piece of crap. I was one of those guys who fainted if i saw a scratch on my car. With my 3 year old civic I couldn't care less.

I will not list all my problems, the server will crash......

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Mine is coming up for 3 years and has been fantastic, no major problems whatsoever......however I am waiting for my new CRV to arrive!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
"Built to last", how long would that be. I sometimes wonder just where all the old cars go, you don't see many on the roads. When you get a new car you see them everywhere, seven or so years later they have all disappeared.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
"Built to last", how long would that be. I sometimes wonder just where all the old cars go, you don't see many on the roads. When you get a new car you see them everywhere, seven or so years later they have all disappeared.
Melted down to make new ones [smilie=wink.gif]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts