2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a little play about with the civic a month of so ago,
I keep on asking opinions about the trims but people keep telling me to leave them as it is as it looks decent against the red, me personally would go all red, right here goes

Perspex grill, that got taken out and stripped out, sprayed black with red and black Honda badge, however it was not my idea so allll credit goes to the civinfoer who came up with this brilliant idea

I fly eye wrapped every single light, bumper off and fogs, lights, mirror indicators and the rear lights were wrapped.

I also couldn't decide whether to go white on my new wheels or black considering I have the trims unpainted so I test painted my stock type s rims( I know im a stingey f*****) and they came out ok. so behold, the civic in its winter clothes, once this rubbish weather has gone somewhere else she will be dropped and on the rota grids. and also reason for lack of funds is ive been chasing the yanks for a ecu to finish the final parts for my TURBO build;)

and another thing, I tried being a smart ass and thought olive oil would be good for the shine on the trims, don't get me wrong it was shining for well over two weeks with no fade. BUT it decided to take all the dirt on it and dry SOLID! pain in the ass to get off lol

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks really mean that very smart work :top:

Olive oil though! :/
thanks! I know I know it was such a stupid idea! I had to take the trims off and sand them down because the dirt was just solid. even a high pressure washer didn't budge it haha

·
Redline Monster
1,576 Posts
Excellent Job mate :popcorn:

Reactions: dsoden

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Nice

Reactions: dsoden

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Is it easy to disassemble that grill bit and spray it, I want!
yeh very easy mate, there should be a thread on the removal, you can do it by taking bumper off ( which I personally think is easier) or struggle a bit trying to get the bottom clips off the grill
when grills off, I ran a Stanley blade around the edge of the Perspex where its bonded onto the backing. then gently levered it away bit by bit with a couple of tiny flat blades. then painted it stuck it back in

·
I-Vtec... Do you?
1,731 Posts
I like what you've done with the lights and grill but a type R grill is one of my fav mods goes great with the trim I love mine I've at last bought a Type R spoiler so will be fitted in the next couple of weeks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts