2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Even with the above issues which are disappointing, I'm tempted to buy the same model again when my pcp runs out in December. I really rate the performance, comfort and petrol consumption and generally just the way the car drives.

Yes that's right it's a fast economical roomy high spec nice to drive car without the boy racer looks.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
16 months in and 45k on the clock, the car is still going well. Road noise continues to annoy me, and will be a deciding factor come car change time.

Unfortunately two weeks after my last post, a lorry changed lanes and hooked my back bumper pulling the corner out. Back to the garage and a new bumper fitted.

During the summer the AC worked well, apart form a strange smell (like cat pee) that was in the car after it had sat for a few hours. Not sure if it's related, but in the last week of September the AC packed up. Dealer put it down the the condenser issue and it was replaced under warranty. Not had the smell since, so not 100% sure what it was.

I've managed to pick up three punctures since having the Goodyears on. One in the front off side and two in the front nearside (picked up at the same time).

To be continued........

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I agree with the road noise the lack of sound proofing is pretty shocking and not upto Honda's usual quality standards in my opinion. I have been thinking of fitting some all seasons tyres to mine (we live in a rural loaction) they are supposed to be quieter due to softer rubber but I have not experience to vouch for that. I'm yet to have the AC condenser problem but time will tell. I have been pretty pleased with mine but I for one am stuck what to change it for next as it definitely has to be Japanese but I can't think of anything that appeals, the Mrs wants an SUV I want something sporty and I have been considering an FK8 Type R,.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
If anyone is still interested in this review, I'll add what may be the final chapter (maybe). The car is now on 65k, and the lease is 4 years or 80k. Likely to hit 80k soon so it may go back, unless the company decide to pay for the excess mileage.

Not had it two years yet, but I've lost count of the number of times the service light has popped up. The intervals are very short, it was showing 110 days to the next one after the service (I've had it back showing 90 days before). I'm just glad i'm not paying for the services, it's already had two this year.

The previous Goodyears only lasted for 20k (primacy tyres 30k), so now have a set of Pilot Sport 4's on, which makes it a lot more grippy. Not sure if they'll last for 30k, but will see how they go.

Road noise is no different with the PS4's, it really does spoil the car.

To be fair, the car has performed really well over the 21 months I've had it. Sadly I won't be going for another Civic when this one is returned.

·
i-Vtec
4,935 Posts
Reviews like this are good, real world users and all that.
The service light doesn't surprise me, by my reckoning your doing 3k a month so I'm not surprised your looking at a service every 4 months or so? One thing I did notice was the gen10 isn't that cheap to service @ £300 a time for what is basically oil and filters.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Reviews like this are good, real world users and all that.
The service light doesn't surprise me, by my reckoning your doing 3k a month so I'm not surprised your looking at a service every 4 months or so? One thing I did notice was the gen10 isn't that cheap to service @ £300 a time for what is basically oil and filters.
I've no idea what the cost is for a 'service' as it's taken care of by the lease company. They do seem surprised though when I call to book yet another service. 😅

21 - 26 of 26 Posts