2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Been reading on this site for most of this year since acquiring my 8th gen 2.2 civic drv.

Sadly, it was set on fire a few weeks ago, police have not turned up anything to say who was behind it. Needless to say I was absolutely gutted. For 8+ months it was the most rewarding car I've driven. Decent on fuel, but still nippy. Good looks (particularly with a proper grill). The only thing it ever faulted on was a slip in 4th gear, twice. No biggy, just gets me thinking about upgraded clutches and remaps.

I'm definately a civic fan - So here's my intro post so I can reply to adverts on this forum :grin2:

Cheers all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Yeah insurance have been very decent about it all. I'm just waiting for the last checks and hopefully they'll sort me out.

I've just added some pics of before and after to an album in the gallery. Both ends of the spectrum of chuffedness.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers Farqui,
I've gone through quite a few of your threads/posts, seeing the developements on your drv, when you had it. I am hoping to do some of the same with the next one (Springs/shocks, clutch, map, more, more, more...).

Thankfully, I managed to salvage a prestine gun metal grey metal gearknob from the smoking ruins. So money saved there (lol?)

Kept for a special reunion with the next (and hopefully longer surviving) one.

·
Administrator
18,006 Posts
Was sorry to read that your Civic caught fire :(

Are you looking for a replacement?

Thanks, my old FK3 never let me down and was fun to mod.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I was happy with my civic. Lots of happy owners on here. I'll gladly have another - Although part of me is hesitant in case it happens again.

There's a 2.2 on the sales page here, but I can't reply to him. I've sent a private message.
I'm not sure what I'm missing, I've read the basic rules, trading rules, etc - I believe I've covered what's required (maybe you can see if I have indeed done this?). My CP is showing that I haven't made any threads/posts. Perhaps this is backlash of assumed hack?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,311 Posts
Hello and welcome, sorry to hear about your car, but new beginnings and all that.

·
Administrator
18,006 Posts
You need to accrue more than 20 posts in a section other than here (Intro). As you've been been a member since earlier this year, i'll bump up your post count.

·
Administrator
18,006 Posts
I see that you've been able to reply to the ad, so try and keep all correspondence in there until you're ready to pass on personal details/etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts