2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Civic type s 1.4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2011 civic type s and came with few problems mainly around my left door. The first problem is the left electric window is not working (the fuse is okay I assume wiring problem), second problem:the mirrors are manually folding I can fold the right but the left is not folding at all don't want to put more force on it because don't want to break it. I can't figure it out what can be the problem. Third and last problem:Also on the left mirror I can only move the mirror left to right but I can't move it up and down. It seems like the left door maybe was changed ?! And didn't do the wiring job properly?! I'm really confused , any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
363 Posts
Could be the other way around; you suspect the left door has been changed, maybe they got a complete door from a car with elec folding mirrors. Pop the outer cover off and see if it has the wiring for it

·
Registered
Civic type s 1.4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even with powerfold wingmirrors they can still be folded manually. On your other post it shows that the wingmirror has been glued in position. Its had a knock/bang at some point.
Talking about the electric window problem, the fuse is okay I assume it's wiring. Is ot possible to check the wiring problems ?

·
Premium Member
Honda Civic Type S GT
437 Posts
have you tried the window reset proceedure ?

Firstly, open both doors and try pressing window down for 10s, followed by window up for 10s. If that fails, try the full procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Move the driver's or passenger's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.

3. Open the driver's or front passenger's door.

NOTE: 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

5. Push and hold the driver's or passenger's window DOWN switch.

6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.

8. Repeat 4-7 three more times.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO do not work. If UP AUTO and DOWN work, go back to 1.

11. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.

12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's window UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO functions.

·
Registered
Civic type s 1.4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have you tried the window reset proceedure ?

Firstly, open both doors and try pressing window down for 10s, followed by window up for 10s. If that fails, try the full procedure:

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

2. Move the driver's or passenger's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.

3. Open the driver's or front passenger's door.

NOTE: 4-7 must be done within 5 seconds of each other.

4. Turn the ignition switch OFF.

5. Push and hold the driver's or passenger's window DOWN switch.

6. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).

7. Release the driver's window DOWN switch.

8. Repeat 4-7 three more times.

9. Wait 1 second.

10. Confirm that UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO do not work. If UP AUTO and DOWN work, go back to 1.

11. Move the driver's window all the way down by using the driver's window DOWN switch.

12. Pull up and hold the driver's window UP switch until the window reaches the fully closed position, then continue to hold the switch for 1 second.

13. Confirm that the power window control unit is reset by using the driver's window UP AUTO and DOWN AUTO functions.
Yes unfortunately didn't help

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had problems with my windows-it turned out to be the plug/wiring where the cables were routed into the car from the drivers door.

pull the trim back near to where the boot/fuel cap release is and have a play about as your trying to put the window down-if it comes to life you know it’s the cables down there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts