2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Currently have a Toyota Corolla, and was all excited at the prospect of the new Auris. Saw it and was left completely under-whelmed; bad plastics, un-inspiring etc... Went to have a laugh at the new Civic (couldn't stand it), and was absolutely dumstruck at how quickly I did a u-turn. Used to point at them and go "yeuch", but was totally won over after getting inside one. Started badgering the fiancee that we needed one, and after a few weeks, took one for a test drive last Sunday, and bought a 1.8 ES shortly after. Even better, only have to wait 2 weeks for delivery. Avonvale Honda in Stratford were very good too. No pressure to buy the car, managed to match a Broadspeed quote (about £1000 less than book), and even threw in the space saver spare wheel too!
Sleeping at night has never usually been a problem, but I think over the next couple of weeks, I'll need matchsticks in my eyes to stay awake.[smilie=upyeah.gif]
PS: I've been reading a lot of posts on here, and found a lot of it very useful.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey welcome, CrazyHawk.

I can assure you that you will evenually get some sleep, or so I'm told as I'm still waiting for mine ((yawn)) ;)

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
What car manufacturers seem to not realise is that we spend most of our time sat in the car, not stood outside it looking in.

For this reason they need to make the inside as interesting as possible with loads of electronics to keep us amused.

This is where the Civic excels, the inside is a nice place to be and is never boring.

First thing I did at the showroom was get in and not stand and admire the paintwork.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kremmen, that's so true. I also checked out soem other cars while looking and they are all so samey on the inside. The Civic will keep you amused for ages.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Kremmen, that's so true. I also checked out soem other cars while looking and they are all so samey on the inside. The Civic will keep you amused for ages.
Welcome to you,

Yes it's very true. It's so pleasent to step in and having to look at the inside. It's even better during night drives !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts