2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
have you not gone down the DA or rotary route yet for paint correction
Yep done that, spent a whole 2days with Gordon over at Caledonia Detailing getting rid of those nasty swirl marks!
Used the Meguiars Microfibre DA on the car and Rotary on the bumpers. What a difference, but well worth it.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
good stuff, very rewarding. have both myself too but just ordered to DA microfiber gear to try. How did you find it compared to normal foam pads/polish
I have to admit I'd never used a DA before and I've not long bought the car. But it was very easy to use. Tricky part was doing the roof. And having compressed air on tap to fluff out the pad made things go a lot quicker.
I'm thinking of picking one up aswell but not having a garage kinda throws a spanner in the works.

What do you use on your car?

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
I have to admit I'd never used a DA before and I've not long bought the car. But it was very easy to use. Tricky part was doing the roof. And having compressed air on tap to fluff out the pad made things go a lot quicker.
I'm thinking of picking one up aswell but not having a garage kinda throws a spanner in the works.

What do you use on your car?
im using my da at the mo on family members cars too with CG hexlogic pads and either meguiars 105/205 combo or the 3m range. Tried my 3m rotary the other week and couldnt get use to it, kept grabbing and hopping, just my technique i suppose. fine with a da but rotary is a different ball game, got some scholl polish to try also and the new megs microfiber system as mentioned, just need some cars to do now

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im using my da at the mo on family members cars too with CG hexlogic pads and either meguiars 105/205 combo or the 3m range. Tried my 3m rotary the other week and couldnt get use to it, kept grabbing and hopping, just my technique i suppose. fine with a da but rotary is a different ball game, got some scholl polish to try also and the new megs microfiber system as mentioned, just need some cars to do now
Sounds good, its all in the technique! Keep me posted with the results!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
some great products in there!! Great box as well!!

Reactions: cammy81

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
fancy posting theDW link? I must've missed it... I fancy one!

·
Registered
960 Posts
fancy posting theDW link? I must've missed it... I fancy one!

Warning if you have OCD do not read the link below, this will bring detailing storage to a further level.

I always liked to buy products from the same brand in order to keep the bottles uniform in colour, design etc and it did kinda annoy me having all this different shapes sizes of bottles and everything needs a place.... When i seen this thread i knew it was the ideal soloution...

Heres a pic of how mine turned out simillar to the OPs in the link below, dont think he knows what he has started.

Product Storage - Detailing Station - Detailing World

Ash

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.