2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I think the underlying message is that it's still not as good as the F or G, if I understand the message right

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I really must get a test drive in a Focus and Golf nearer the time to see what all the fuss is about.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Is it me, or do these reviewers get payed by Honda or someone who doesn't know the least of the previous car?

The dash layout has grown up, too, with the confusing digital dials from the old car making way for a cleaner, more logical design.

A digital speedometer is confusing? Why am I not hearing this with the new Renaults or Toyotas or Bentleys or Porches?

Just imagine what comment a car would get if they put in an analog clock or a thermometer with mercury!

'tards!

·
Premium Member
218 Posts
there was one thing said there
the steering isnt as good as the focus
oh dear if thats the case as many off you know ive just got the new focus and i have next to no feeling off the road through the steering wheel it doesnt give me the confindence in the twisties as my civic did

·
Super Moderator
20,985 Posts
I think the underlying message is that it's still not as good as the F or G, if I understand the message right
Being fairly quiet today I've just spent some time looking through the specs and options of the Focus and Golf and they just don't cut it for me.

Ford seem to not have a proper SatNav option till 2012 (according to the fordownersclub site) and start speccing the Titanium or X up and the cost is near the £25k mark.

With the Golf, if you select SatNav then it removes quite a few other associated goodies. I'm also not a big fan of the DSG system as it's still a clutch based model so presumably is not that clever at very slow speeds i.e slow parking manoeuvres ?

I can see how a bog standard 'manual' version of both cars are desirable due to the supple suspension but the higher spec models seem lacking.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Being fairly quiet today I've just spent some time looking through the specs and options of the Focus and Golf and they just don't cut it for me.

Ford seem to not have a proper SatNav option till 2012 (according to the fordownersclub site) and start speccing the Titanium or X up and the cost is near the £25k mark.

With the Golf, if you select SatNav then it removes quite a few other associated goodies. I'm also not a big fan of the DSG system as it's still a clutch based model so presumably is not that clever at very slow speeds i.e slow parking manoeuvres ?

I can see how a bog standard 'manual' version of both cars are desirable due to the supple suspension but the higher spec models seem lacking.
I have driven the VW Golf mk6 and the Scirocco with the DSG gearbox and ACC dampers, whiles I am impressed I'm not sold on that kind of tech, it seems the more stuff they add to a VW the more it will go wrong

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I really must get a test drive in a Focus and Golf nearer the time to see what all the fuss is about.
A Ford's steering is really sharp (I tried a C-MAX once for a week), but the Golf is boring and understeers to hell, but it's quite comfy in exchange.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts