2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I want to get the bottom trims of my type s colour coded but the guy i brought it to says he wants to do it without taking the trims off. Could any of you that has had this done can you confirm if your trims were removed or not?
Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Hi
I want to get the bottom trims of my type s colour coded but the guy i brought it to says he wants to do it without taking the trims off. Could any of you that has had this done can you confirm if your trims were removed or not?
Cheers in advance
Got mine booked in to be done in 2 weeks, They told me that to do the job properly then they had to be removed..
Costing me £150 for the 4 arches & the 2 skirts to be coded, i already have 2 new splitters ready to go on..

·
無限 Unlimited
3,740 Posts
Got mine booked in to be done in 2 weeks, They told me that to do the job properly then they had to be removed..
Costing me £150 for the 4 arches & the 2 skirts to be coded, i already have 2 new splitters ready to go on..
Blimey thats cheap

Need to be removed to be done properly.........
+1

Will definately need to remove trim

·
Registered
326 Posts
As others have said they have to be removed as the paint needs to applied with heat to stick to the plastic .I got my Honda dealer to recommend their crash repair shop for mine

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
When I had my kit on my old ST colour coded I just drove about with no lower bumpers for two days. Wasn't doing much mileage, just an A-road commute to work...

As you've got new splitters you could easily remove the arch trims and skirts and still use the car!

·
ciVinfo resident
470 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hehe, ditto here. Except I have all arches, skirts and front- and backlip to be done. And it'll cost way more too.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i have just got really luck.... i got got a whole type s kit for £160... now i need to find ***** to paint as i got a price for £400... thinking for that price i would keep it grey lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts