2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A "Real" Civic ;)

Here is my Civic....well my company car :)
I haven't seen anyone else with a saloon, I don't think they're available in the UK yet unless its the hybrid.

It's a 1.8 S-ES model in Navy blue (can't remember honda's fancy name for navy blue)

No problems with it yet and nearly a year old :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
A 5 door saloon? Isn't that a contradiction in terms?

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Don't fancy using the fifth door to get out, unless you have a narrow garage, then it might be a necessity.;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the 5 door is not real? What's sitting on my drive then? A Camel

No, it was a joke, hence the ;) in the title.
A camel!!! I heard you can get 200 mile to the gallon on one of them ;)
Air Con, the lot, unfortunatly you'd have a walk like John Wayne after a trip to the local shops :)
Better than the hybrid so.......btw thats a JOKE :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Don't fancy using the fifth door to get out, unless you have a narrow garage, then it might be a necessity.;)
You cant fold down the seat from the inside...if I remember.
So I think I'd be buggered.....sunroof it is so!

On the saloon...I saw one here (in Dublin) the other day but it was the american version?
It was RHD too??
Anyone know how someone could get one in RHD?
(I wasn't imagining it cos I was at the lights beside it)
Could it have been in a crash and had the front end replaced?

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
On the saloon...I saw one here (in Dublin) the other day but it was the american version?
It was RHD too??
Anyone know how someone could get one in RHD?
(I wasn't imagining it cos I was at the lights beside it)
Could it have been in a crash and had the front end replaced?
But you have the saloon, which is the same in the US and Japan. The only other variant I know of is the US 2 door coupe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But you have the saloon, which is the same in the US and Japan. The only other variant I know of is the US 2 door coupe.

They're not exactly the same.
Mine came from Japan.
Heres a photo of the two.
The American on the left and European/Jap on the right.
The lights are different shape as it the bumper.
The fog lights (when they are on it are small and round, not square..ish)

Anyway I couldn't figure out hoe it was a right hand drive with an american body?

Attachments

·
Registered
393 Posts
The noses/lights is what's sets them apart. All 4 door Civic saloon variants have the nice looking lights, with the 'teardrop' in it. The US 4 door saloon is the only exception. It has the straight lights, just like the 2 door Coupe.

I think the teardrop looks better. But the Euro Civic Hatch still has the best looking nose of them all.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The noses/lights is what's sets them apart. All 4 door Civic saloon variants have the nice looking lights, with the 'teardrop' in it. The US 4 door saloon is the only exception. It has the straight lights, just like the 2 door Coupe.

I think the teardrop looks better. But the Euro Civic Hatch still has the best looking nose of them all.

Have to agree with you, the best looking nose is the hatch, its just a pity about its awful behind :) Only thing that stopped me getting the 3dr type-s.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Different cars!

Your Civic 4 door saloon is a nice car, especially the back! In the Netherlands you can only buy this type of car as a hybride!
I can't understand that both cars (the saloon and the hatchback) have the same name; Civic! They are two completely different cars... :confused:

Attachments

·
Lord of JAE.....
5,395 Posts
oh yeah! The US does have some funny idea's when it comes to lights tho'
The US have stricter standards on Front Bumpers, no "European Car" (by that I mean BMW, Merc, Audi etc., maybe I should have said non-american, stil....) in the US should a standard Euro Bumper, they have to have a larger bumper, this is particuarly obvious in the US BMW's, their bumpers are about 2 inches deeper to account for more deforming in an accident. You can find the details online.

Tom

·
Registered
100 Posts
Your Civic 4 door saloon is a nice car, especially the back! In the Netherlands you can only buy this type of car as a hybride!
I can't understand that both cars (the saloon and the hatchback) have the same name; Civic! They are two completely different cars... :confused:
Accord and Civic have been such a standard model for Honda worlwide, that they kept using the same name on similarly sized different models in different market since started production in Swindon. Bigger market for 5 door in Europe and 2 / 4 door in US made them concentrate in a particular body type.

I am glad Honda chose these 5D and 3D for us in Europe. (And still left the option of 4D by Hybrid.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts