2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents & Ladies,

I sense a continued feeling of dissappointment with our new cars, I feel I may have a remedy. Get in your car, drive to the prettiest bit of road/scenery you know locally, park the car, and then stand back and admire the car in all its beauty.

We are lucky at least the car has a few redeeming factors, imagine if yu had bought that Focus, not only would you be driving a bland, boring looking car but it would have a Ford badge on it, no chance of a cheer up by standing back and admiring it.

Now imagine how those Astra owners feel........

·
Registered
214 Posts
richierich, I tend to agree with you, good point... but still I think we simply don't have to accept any manufacturing nor material bugs with our new prides. My dealer told me the same.

Nope, you didn't say that, just a cent for my thoughts and feelings here...

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately agree with you too Uffe (mutual appreciation society here or what), but every cloud has a silver lining, you could have a 100% okay car with no problems but when you look at it it just doesn't give you the same feeling.

I used to detest my Laguna when it was ill, but every time I got in to the armchair like seats, and drove off, I forgave it, thats what its about.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Richierich,
Nice idea, I need cheering up about the car at the moment. Was thinking about parking it at Beachy Head, just to test the handbrake you know.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:???: Thats not what I meant........

Instead of the hand brake at beachy head, how about a round of golf at Cooden Beach, just down the road, a beautiful place.

How about a CivInfo golf day...............................................?

·
Registered
382 Posts
:???: Thats not what I meant........

Instead of the hand brake at beachy head, how about a round of golf at Cooden Beach, just down the road, a beautiful place.

How about a CivInfo golf day...............................................?
RR - that sounds like a great idea!!!

I need to admire my car from the rear at the moment as the front towing point cover has gone missing (always seemed loose when I was washing it).

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I got ribbed when I started a 'look on the bright side' thread!!!!!!!!!!:p

Looking at my car just makes me more upset, the front is still not repaired after that *tries to find a word I can use here... gives up* old fellow pulled out on me :mad:

I agree Double-R, the car just makes you feel good inside, and not many have that power.

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got ribbed when I started a 'look on the bright side' thread!!!!!!!!!!:p

Looking at my car just makes me more upset, the front is still not repaired after that *tries to find a word I can use here... gives up* old fellow pulled out on me :mad:

I agree Double-R, the car just makes you feel good inside, and not many have that power.
Feel free to rib, I'll be your whipping boy.;)

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Richierich,
Nice idea, I need cheering up about the car at the moment. Was thinking about parking it at Beachy Head, just to test the handbrake you know.
Now that is a good idea, my handbrake has failed a few times already [smilie=cheeky-grin:
I could stand and admire the car from the top of the cliff as it goes down!!

Hey lets make the next meet at Beachy head

·
Smell My Cheese!
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you're playing Golf with me the safest place to stand would be in line with the flag, no chance I'm gonna hit you!

·
Registered
147 Posts
good idea ?

It is good idea for Alfa Romeo owners. Those car are renowned for an absolutely marvelous design, but on the other hand cars suffer from many " bugs, faults and irritations".
I say : no, thank you. I decided to buy Civic because of Honda's known reliabilty, design was important factor but not the one that made me decide to buy a Civic.
However me personally, I have no problems with my car so far. And I wish the same to all of you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Firstly I should say that so far I have not had any problems, so I'm bound to be happier than those of you who haven't been so lucky (is it lucky not to have had problems with a Honda??). However, if you buy a totally new car when it first comes out you always run the risk of having teething troubles. I was aware of this before I bought the car and was prepared to trust in Honda's reputation. However, in my view, Honda should go out of their way to ensure that those of us who have suffered from any initial problems have those problems solved without delay. We are effectively being their test drivers.

I had to choose between the Civic or a new Leon. Looking at a Seat forum, the Leon appears to have a few bugs, etc, and there are what's good and what's bad about the car threads. So I feel a bit better about it all. My wife's Toyota Avensis has always had squeaks & rattles, has just been recalled for the second time, as well as having had a non-recall but known problem, which had to be addressed under the warranty, and Toyota has a reputation for excellent build quality/reliability.

I'm trying to cheer you all up (although I must admit the NCAP rating seriously annoyed me as safety & security were at the top of my wish list just above reliability, build quality, economy & sportiness).

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I'm trying to cheer you all up (although I must admit the NCAP rating seriously annoyed me as safety & security were at the top of my wish list just above reliability, build quality, economy & sportiness).
Remember though - NCAP is only one side of coin. Stability of car, ride, way it handles, breaks.. also ESP and similar gizmos. Those are also things to consider - as it is better to avoid collision in 4 star car than have collision in 5 star car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Remember though - NCAP is only one side of coin. Stability of car, ride, way it handles, breaks.. also ESP and similar gizmos. Those are also things to consider - as it is better to avoid collision in 4 star car than have collision in 5 star car.

No NCAP is only 4*, when a lot of people were told to expect 5*'s. So all the other car's with 5*'s are worse on the way they drive, brake,handle and have less gizmo's then, that's ok ?
I don't think so, it's just another oversight on Honda's part in rushing a car from desgin to production.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Don't get me wrong.. it not what I implied.
Yes, Honda did a major screwup - first of all they boasted about 'expected 5* rating' and failed... especially as it was really expected that car should achieve that.

However, my point was just that I prefer to avoid collision, and even in collision 4* vs 5* doesn't matter too much really - but much more goes to factor called 'luck'.

PS: Yes, Honda should have tested more and gotten 5*, but they didnt.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Arch enemy Toyota - their Yaris still has drum brakes on the rear yet achieved a 5 star NCAP rating.
Moral seems to be - collision more likely but when it happens you will be safer!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts