2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by Honda UK on the 7th December that "their" experts deemed the paintwork on my car to be perfectly acceptable and they would be sending me a report by 1st class post.

I didn't receive the report and having made several telephone calls, an email and two recorded delivery letters to Steve Oliver himself I have still not had the courtesy of any form of reply even though in my last letter I said that if they didn't have the decency to give me the answers to the points I had raised at the very least I wanted to see a copy of this so called report.

Now I have a dilema, my car has been booked to go in on the 12th February to have the repairs carried out (I have two more scratches since the "experts" looked at the paintwork) I just find it unbelievable how easy my car is scratching and before I pay out a huge sum of money to get the car looking good again I really do feel that I should see sight of this report.

I have now instructed a solicitor to act on my behalf as it has become evident that Honda UK are intent on ignoring me in the hope that I will go away - oh how wrong they are [smilie=nope.gif]

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Good luck

TC i phoned to see what is going on with mine been in for over a week now and no news the creaking is not broken welds but that is as far as I have got.
who is your solicitor going to write to?
Keep me informed please

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TC i phoned to see what is going on with mine been in for over a week now and no news the creaking is not broken welds but that is as far as I have got.
who is your solicitor going to write to?
Keep me informed please

Why the great man himself - Steve Oliver of course

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Best of luck, Topcat. They'll fight to the bitter end, but perservere...within reason. You are in the right, but never forget they've got the money! Perhaps your local media could get involved. It might be a good story for them and would certainly strengthen your hand. Why not give them a ring?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Best of luck, Topcat. They'll fight to the bitter end, but perservere...within reason. You are in the right, but never forget they've got the money! Perhaps your local media could get involved. It might be a good story for them and would certainly strengthen your hand. Why not give them a ring?

This may sound weird but their ignoring me is annoying me more than the faults themselves now, all I want is a copy of the report before I spend almost £1000. It is just a shame that their ignorance has resulted to this.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Ring the CS team and ask to speak to the other SteveD there (SR's manager). See if there's a particular reason why they have not replied.

What about the dealer -- surely it's their problem?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ring the CS team and ask to speak to the other SteveD there (SR's manager). See if there's a particular reason why they have not replied.

What about the dealer -- surely it's their problem?
My dealership made it quite clear in the last letter I had from them, followed by a telephone conversation that they will not deal with this and that I have to look to Honda UK for answers, hence why I am now going to a different dealership.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
My dealership made it quite clear in the last letter I had from them, followed by a telephone conversation that they will not deal with this and that I have to look to Honda UK for answers, hence why I am now going to a different dealership.
I don't understand how they can legally sell something that is defective, and absolve themselves of all responsibility?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't understand how they can legally sell something that is defective, and absolve themselves of all responsibility?
I wrote to my dealership on the 24th October asking for specific answers to specific questions (mainly concerning what their idiot of a service manager had said to me) they passed my letter to their quality control department who wrote back saying "Further to your letter dated 24th October 2006 addressed to Mr ...... The contents have been noted and I believe Honda UK are now dealing directly with you regarding your vehicle. I trust they will be able to resolve your concerns"

I telephoned the writer and asked how Honda UK can resolve concerns that I had in relation to what the dealership had said to me, she wouldn't answer in any way other than repeating "you will have to take it up with Honda UK".

I have sent a copy of every letter that I have since sent to Honda UK to the dealership but have never heard anymore from them.

·
Premium Member
3,005 Posts
Go kick the dealers door down and DEMAND they get this sorted on your behalf. I suggest your solicitor works on the dealer - they have more to lose.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeh cos surely honda are gonna say

'i see your solicitor and raise you ten solicitors more, see u at small claims'

when the dealer will say

'**** the bed this guy is serious, have a new car and my wife for the weekend'

obviously i play poker and live in my own dream world lol

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Go kick the dealers door down and DEMAND they get this sorted on your behalf. I suggest your solicitor works on the dealer - they have more to lose.

I dont care for the dealers anymore - I just want Honda UK to acknowledge my letters and at the very least give me the paint report that they have, its not as if it is top secret, initially SR told me she was sending it to me.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Being as Slough is quite close to us have you considered going there ?

I wonder if you could get someone in authority to just pop out and have a quick look at the paintwork.

Worth a punt.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being as Slough is quite close to us have you considered going there ?

I wonder if you could get someone in authority to just pop out and have a quick look at the paintwork.

Worth a punt.
The paint people came down from Swindon (arranged by Slough) so I don't think there is anyone there who would have a clue about it.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Maybe not, but if you could persuade someone there to have a look then maybe they might be willing to get more involved, agree that there is definately an issue and be able to get the report for you ?

It does seem to me that they are dragging their heels on the off-chance that you will get bored and go away.

A picture speaks a thousand words and for Slough to actually see the paint condition might prompt an action ?

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe not, but if you could persuade someone there to have a look then maybe they might be willing to get more involved, agree that there is definately an issue and be able to get the report for you ?

It does seem to me that they are dragging their heels on the off-chance that you will get bored and go away.

A picture speaks a thousand words and for Slough to actually see the paint condition might prompt an action ?
One of the Managers at Slough did see the paint, he sat with me for three hours while we waited for the men in white coats to do their job (not that I saw the men in white coats) !!

My Solicitor has just told me that apparently if you belong to the AA or RAC they have a legal department that often help members fight battles against car manufacturers and that also the car section of the Telegraph often get involved with problems.

·
Registered
6 Posts
...My Solicitor has just told me that apparently if you belong to the AA or RAC they have a legal department that often help members fight battles against car manufacturers and that also the car section of the Telegraph often get involved with problems.
You could also look in your house insurance as many have a legal claims part in them which is often bundled in but forgotten about.

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I think with the lack of action I would be trying to contact the same person at Slough with a "what is happening?", "when should I be hearing something?".

1 - 20 of 75 Posts