2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just got a 9G last week that I'm overall happy with... One thing though, is it just mine or are the brakes normally quite harsh?
On my 8G 2.2 you had to really give them a good push but on my 9G if I were to apply the same pressure, the ABS lights would be on?

Anybody else go from the 8G to 9G and find the same?

Cheers.
Neil.

·
Administrator
18,083 Posts
So the 9th gen brakes work then

'apply the same pressure', hmmm maybe apply less pressure now ;) It's a different car after all...

I suspect the brake assistance is higher in the later model. MrsF's Golf has always had 'keen' anchors compared to other cars. You just get used to applying lighter pressure.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 9th gen brakes work then

'apply the same pressure', hmmm maybe apply less pressure now ;) It's a different car after all...

I suspect the brake assistance is higher in the later model. MrsF's Golf has always had 'keen' anchors compared to other cars. You just get used to applying lighter pressure.
Took a couple of days to get used to but Mrs T knows now that the seat-belt tensioners are in good working order :wink3:

Reactions: Farqui

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
I went 8G to 9G without any issue like that.

My brakes don't snatch. Sometimes, during a service they run an airline between the pads and disc to clean any muck out and that can cause temporary snatching.

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Breaks work superb on our 9G I often swope between 8G and 9G without any problems, little off topic I do like the suspension comfort of the 9G haha
My 8G brakes were terrible, brake fade on them was worrying at times.... Got used to the 9G brakes now but am feeling a bit spoiled as they do what they are meant to do :wink3:

I'm finding the suspension setup slightly firmer? maybe cos the 8G had 140K on it and the shocks were original and probably shot :smile3:

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
My 9G suspension, whilst not perfect, is far softer than my 8G's.

So it was your 8G brake fade in error not the 9G

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My 9G suspension, whilst not perfect, is far softer than my 8G's.

So it was your 8G brake fade in error not the 9G
Probably the brakes on the 8G weren't the best....

Reactions: Bog

·
Ex-Pat Geordie!
2,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just as an update, brakes seem to have calmed down a bit, possibly a bit harsh as the car had been sitting on a forecourt for a while or maybe because on my 8G they were made of chocolate? They snatched for the first few days but have gone to an acceptable level now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts