2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

Just thought I'd take a few minutes to share some positive thoughts on Honda and HUK. I often see complaints about them and to be fair, most forum interaction does revolve around issues that people have with one thing or another. I however have had nothing but good experience with HUK.

My first experience of them was when I realised I had an issue with my third gear. My R is a 57 plate and we all know that R's made at that time suffered from the 3rd gear synchro issue. My car was out of warranty and it looked like it was going to be a costly job so I called HUK and had a (slightly heated) word. To my surprise they agreed to do all of the work for free... it was going to cost me £600 pounds so I was chuffed. I went from feeling like the Honda brand and reliability reputation was a joke to feeling like they really couldn't be providing a better service.

This week I had my second experience of dealing with HUK. My car has just had it's 62k service and while I was there I flagged up a clicking clutch issue. I had this issue about a year back and was told a rubber bushing in the clutch box had prematurely worn out. The guys at the garage replaced it with one they had kicking around and the issue was gone. Recently it came back. When I asked about it this time I was told that the rubber bushing had worn again. I asked about the cost of replacing it and was told that they could only get the whole pedal box ordered in and it would be £300.
I was pretty hacked off at having to spend £300 when all I really needed was a bush that would no doubt have only cost a few quid.

So, back on the blower to HUK! Two days later and I've had a call back saying they will cover the cost of the entire pedal box if I pay the £40 labour to have it replaced. I couldn't have asked for more. They have no obligation to help me with this and yet they have. This is the kind of service that I always try to give my clients and for the first time I feel like I'm on the receiving end.

So there you go, my two pennies worth on HUK. Couldn't be happier with them. Also worth a mention are the guys at Yeomans Honda in Bognor, brilliant service. I actually enjoy popping in there from time to time.

I'm actually going to let my R go to a new home soon, totally gutted but I've decided I'm going to get another FN2! Great car, great service and this great Forum!

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just spoke to them, i need to book it in at the dealers.

sod that.

queue thread "how to remove and replace gear synchros Type R"
What did they say? Book it in and if it is the issues then they'll look in to it?

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I just spoke to them, i need to book it in at the dealers.

sod that.

queue thread "how to remove and replace gear synchros Type R"
I had to book my FN2 in with the dealers just so that they can check to see if it needs doing. I had to do the same. Then spoke to the service manager before I dropped it off saying I knew it was an issue that HUK was aware of. Next day I had a call saying the fault was there and that they will repair it. Maybe worth having a quick chat with the service manager too.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yah basically, i just dont like the idea of letting anyone i dont trust touch my car.

#i only use one garage for major stuff.
HAHA, that's funny. So you don't get it serviced by Honda?

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Haha, fair play. Guess you'll have to live with the 3rd gear if you won't let Honda sort it then :popcorn2:

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
In order for HUK to be able to even consider a warranty or goodwill job, they have to have a report from a trained Honda tech, however valuable you think their level of knowledge/competance is. Hondas view is that they've been trained to work on the cars/assess the cars, not you. It doesnt matter if its a 'known fault', what your car is suffering from may not be the same as that fault and who knows, they may well learn something from the fault on your car that can be used to help others who develop that fault.

Once they have that report, they make thier judgement.

·
Premium Member
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In order for HUK to be able to even consider a warranty or goodwill job, they have to have a report from a trained Honda tech, however valuable you think their level of knowledge/competance is. Hondas view is that they've been trained to work on the cars/assess the cars, not you. It doesnt matter if its a 'known fault', what your car is suffering from may not be the same as that fault and who knows, they may well learn something from the fault on your car that can be used to help others who develop that fault.

Once they have that report, they make thier judgement.

Yup. It actually turned out not to be the 3rd gear synch issue but they only found that out once they had the engine out. It was infact the springs in the clutch. They did however still replace the clutch for me.

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
I've also had a positive result from HUK. After a nightmare 3 1/2 years of nothing but trouble with a jinxed vehicle, HUK have given me a generous contribution towards a service plan on my new Honda. [smilie=gt-happyup.:

·
Arfurs right hand man
4,125 Posts
Yup. It actually turned out not to be the 3rd gear synch issue but they only found that out once they had the engine out. It was infact the springs in the clutch. They did however still replace the clutch for me.
This is a PRIME example of why Honda dont just take anyones word that "i've read on the internet that my car is a lemon and has 'THE' 3rd gear issue" Just how much would someone bitch if your dealership followed that comment, changed the 3rd gear synch, it then went wrong again and they turned round and said, "Oh, its not the 3rd gear synch but YOU told us it was so thats what we changed".???

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.