2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, quite a while since I did much in the way of posting on civinfo. But seeing as we have enjoyed our 2.2CTDI so much over the years, from new back in 2007. We decided to buy a second one. Tough choice though wether to go for another 2.2CTDI (cos its just so good) or to go for a new Civic Type R... Seeing as we already had the work horse, we decided to go for the thoroughbred. We now have what I believe to be the perfect combination of a fast 5 door, economical deisel with all that torque and easy access space for people and luggage. With the very fast, fun factor, high reving i-vtec type-r. Both cars are opposites to drive, but both equally good. Seeing as I get to drive each car on alternate days I am in a good position to clarify the differences between the 2 for any one wanting to know. Mind you, still running in the Type-r and have only done 400 miles in it so far. (Only just taken it into vtec zone 3 times so far). Took both cars down to our caravan in Mablethorpe to give the Type-r engine a good bedding in on twisty 'A' roads where you can accelerate up through the gears to run in well. While we were down there I took a couple of photos of them both together. Hope you like them. Wife complains that she wanted a red Type-r, but I like the understated black as it doesn't attract the the attention from would be thieves that the red gets. [smilie=nod.gif]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Brilliant mate. You can have the best of both worlds with them 2 cars

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Nice one matey, and black too...a man with taste!!!!

Cheers

Nick

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
So mod the :ictdi: and run it against the :typer: can you say :TTurbo: and :VTECSMILEY:? Sounds like fun to me!!!

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We have a 50% share in each civic. I seem to remember something in the wedding vows about sharing?? Legally I suppose the CTR is the wifes as its registered in her name and the deisel in my name. But to be honest, I'm happy with either. They're both great motors, just different. :D

·
Strong in me The Force is
765 Posts
Welcome to the "I've got 2" club. :)
I'm not so lucky to have a CTR (my own fault, I know...) but we had a 2.2 too and added a 1.8 TypeS a bit later. One is black, the other deep bronze, so pretty similar.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
nothing like having two civcs, mine are also both in black 2.2cts and 1.8cts not as lucky as you to have a ctr

·
Wife & Civics to support
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi, regan1985 and koen. Be great to know which 1's you prefer (if any) out of the 2 you both have and indeed wether you get to drive both regularly or wether 1 gets comandeered by your other halfs? Might have to start a new thread and as Koen suggests, call it the 'I've got 2 club'.

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
Hi, regan1985 and koen. Be great to know which 1's you prefer (if any) out of the 2 you both have and indeed wether you get to drive both regularly or wether 1 gets comandeered by your other halfs? Might have to start a new thread and as Koen suggests, call it the 'I've got 2 club'.
I couldnt choose one TBH depends what kind of trip i am doing, motorway long trip i like the 2.2 i can be lazy with gear changes better mpg and its the GT-T-T grade model so more music ect. short trips,back roads i like the 1.8 it handles better ,sounds better and you have to drive it more in order to get the power. Put the two together and you have a CTR appart from the MPG;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts