2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
22/09/2010 @ approx 15:45 - Spotted!!... Silver FN2 on Bradford Road in Batley.... Heading towards Dewsbury just going past Batley Park gates...

Can't believe I'm not the only Civinfo'er in the village ;)!!

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
That was definitely me! :D Was on my way into Dewsbury to catch the train to Leeds.

Can't believe I missed a fellow Civinfo'er driving past :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Small world hey, i only live in Dewsbury myself and i quite often drive down that way. In a blueish silver FK3 (07), not stickered up yet but it should/will be in the near future!

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Jimbo!... To be fair the Civ was at home on the drive. I was actually on my way home from work in Ossett in the company vehicle. I live in Birstall thesedays, but was born and bred in Dewsbury!
Very nice FN2 you had there! Although leaving it unattended in Dewsbury may not be your brightest idea! :worms:

Ooohhh...I can almost feel a Batley meet approaching! ...

...and Matt!, get stickered up and see what your missing! Shame on you! ;)

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Hey Andy, don't feel so bad now. I live in Ossett so surprised you've not seen me driving around before.

I figured leaving the R parked outside the Riding would be better than leaving it parked on the street in Leeds...

And get stickered up Matt!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
If you ever pop in the riding for one, see if Luke is working and tell him 'Lofty' sent you!

I'll get some stickers ordered in the next week or so, pretty broke this week (buying some wheels tomorrow, well today!)

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha!... I'll have to have a whip round and find more "WF" postcode members... then we could arrange a mini-meet!! I know that there's actually a fair few members around the area, they just seem so well hidden!...

& Jimbo!...what size sticker do you have? It was never the 'medium'... I had to whip out my microscope as you past to make out the 'civinfo.com' ...seemed so tiny compared to mine ;) lol!

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Think your right Andy, we just seem to keep missing other members, though it looks like the Riding might be a good idea for a meet, especially if we know a barman there in a roundabout kinda way!

Yeah I've got a small sticker (oooer!). I have this thing about keeping cars original, so adding a sticker went against all of my natural tendencies, until I convinced myself a small one would be a good idea. It's why the R looks mint now I've got hold of it, I spend a lot of time on keeping it that way!

·
OMG8THGENEX
840 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah a Dewsbury meet would be great!... We should arrange that!...

and Jimbo...I fully agree... I have ALOT of extra's and accessories on my Civic and I'm pleased to say that they are all genuine Honda!!!....

...although golden rules state that you MUST make exception for a Civinfo sticker... and a bigger one would certainly save my eyes from straining so hard down Bradford Road!!

If I catch you round Ossett next week I'll flash and wave like a nutcase...so be warned!!!! :p

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Warning received and understood!

I usually limit my mods to a snazzy tax disc holder. I got a Mugen one off Ebay, which is apparently a genuine import from Singapore. Though I've no idea if it is or not.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Careful when out and about osset/wakey folk, police vans in both directions on the mad mile. I went down at about 3pm and they were there, friend of mine has just gone up on his way home from work and apparently they are still there!

·
Busy, busy busy!
137 Posts
Thanks for the warning Matt, saw them on the Leeds Road as well today on my way home, was very gentle through the 40, unlike a lot of the Vans driving past!

Well done on the sticker too, I'm sure it's only a matter of time until you get spotted.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
I've got a sticker but not put it on yet! Was going to do it today but by the time i'd finished sorting stuff it, it was getting dark.

Should get it done tomorrow!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts