2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going by reaction to a Was It You? thread, it seems there's enough interest to put together an Aberdeen and surrounding area meet, so that's what I'm proposing.

Suggested dates (that I can manage anyway!) are Sat 15, Sat 22 or Sun 23 Jun, but if anyone has other suggestions please share.

Also looking for suggestions on places to meet or wee drives to go on as a group?

Get the word round guys, there doesn't seem to be many of us Aberdonians on here!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I'd certainly be interested as I've never been to a meet.

I'll have a think about meeting places and possible drives.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here, don't know how this is done, so I'm guessing. I should ask one of the English guys as they seem to be meeting up all the time!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I'd be keen for the weekend of the 22nd. Preferably later on as I work most weekends :( you should advertise on civic type R owners forum too to get more interest as I know a few others with ep3's to build numbers?

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd prefer the second weekend myself, planning on getting ringbolted from mid afternoon on the 15th, so not really in a state to drive to a meet, for the same reason I'd rather not schedule for the 16th either!

A later meet shouldn't be a problem with the longer evenings. Either that or you join the rest of us when you finish work?

Is that a separate forum to Civinfo? I don't have an account with them if it is, if you do could you post something? It would be much appreciated, the more the better!

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Think the 2nd weekend works for me too.

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I'd prefer the second weekend myself, planning on getting ringbolted from mid afternoon on the 15th, so not really in a state to drive to a meet, for the same reason I'd rather not schedule for the 16th either!

A later meet shouldn't be a problem with the longer evenings. Either that or you join the rest of us when you finish work?

Is that a separate forum to Civinfo? I don't have an account with them if it is, if you do could you post something? It would be much appreciated, the more the better!
I will start a thread and update on here.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
So far am free any of those days so I'm flexible. Will keep an eye on progress!

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Can't do the 22nd or 23rd as I have a Birthday party down in Perthshire. :(

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Damn! Can anyone do a weekday evening then out of curiosity?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
I can manage most evenings.

Thread has been posted. Will update here with numbers.

·
where are the pies??
541 Posts
Can do midweek evening. Any plan for what we are gonna be doing? Never been to a meet before so I have no idea. Lol

Can meet and get some food either union square or down at the beach.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Think we're all in the same boat, can't imagine there's many meetings up our way. Bit of scran would be good, and somewhere for a good group car phot prob wouldn't go amiss either - harbour or beach etc.

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks like most meets are either at a pub with car park for a meal, or else wise just a retail car park for a meet up and subsequent drive.

Crikey, the Fifers are meeting up monthly!

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Last meet I went to, we met at Toys r us car park for photos then went for a drive round aberdeen convoy style :)

Reactions: Wee-nemo

·
A/C fixer-upper'er
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Were there many off here that attended or was it a Type R forum meet?

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Were there many off here that attended or was it a Type R forum meet?
This wasn't a meet through Civinfo.com. It was a meeting through epcivic.com a few years ago.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
I can do most evenings. Never been but I think it tends to be meet, photos and drive. Maybe a bite to eat.

1 - 20 of 203 Posts