2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i'm thinking abuot new original car audio systems and the OEM car audios.

For example, new Honda Civic 2006. If you desconect the original car audio, you lose the ¿monitor?, the climate control, timer, etc...

I think that this problem have two solutions:

1.- Honda, for example, have to offer more audio posibilities according with preferences of the costumer.
2.- The OEM indrustry have to create new opportunities to costumers.

Most years ago all industry offer a audio control at steering wheel. The OEM create some interfaces for this utility.

Why OEM industry don't offer for monitors, climate controls, etc...?

If OEM car audio doesn't offer this, will lost some much money because every day, there are some much brands that includes specific monitors, car audio, etc... at his cars.

I think at some cars its only necessary a interface for show climate information at the monitor.

What do you think?

We can ask to OEM indrustrie for this?

Bye

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
With OEM manufactures, I think it comes down to volume. If you take the Civic as an example, the majority of owners will keep the original HU and therefore demand will be low. Low demand = high cost to produce.

Honda have, like most manufactures, have made their audio systems much more integrated into the cars other systems to enhance functionality and to make the units less desirable to the scumbags who like to steal from cars!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think that much people want change head unit but the integration makes it impossible.

If OEM manufactures do some interfaces, the demand increase.

The other option is that car brand makes some alternative head units. For example, volvo, mercedes, audi, etc... do it.

Another example is, Mazda 3. The head unit have control of the climate control display. Why not Mazda makes a good head unit with RCA or OEM brands makes a interface for the display?

I think that some OEM brands develop some interfaces for ipod, bluetooth, steering wheels controls, etc... but not for displays.

How many people want to change the original head unit for a Blaupuntk head unit and want to see navigation instructions in the Honda display? I think so that so much people.

Alpine or Blaupunkt can do a interface with a less margin but all other equipment increas global margin (ipod control, ampliefiers, speakers, dvd, gps, etc...). Do you understand me?

Another thing, wich is the cost of replace a integrated head unit? Too much!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts