2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if my car (ordered it in february, due in may) has all the important recall work already done in factory, like fillercap, radio software, windscreen mounting and all others that may apply? is there somekind of fixed "buglist" available somewhere? i dont have my cars vin and doubt that would halp me any, since i live in finland, the recall checking sites are uk only, right? and would like to know also is there any improvements made in 2007 models that 06 wont have...

is here anyone who could fill out the blanks...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey -

I don't know how honda work per se but from experience buying other cars the wait time is almost always waiting for the car to be built, not to be delivered. ie. there is a backlog at the factory or your version (colour, model, trim) will only be produced on x date next.

That being said I would be pretty confident that when you get your car it will not have been off the production line for more than a few weeks at most.

Anyone care to correct me on that?

H

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm in Ireland and picked my car up last Thursday.

The only mod done that I'm aware of is the spring clip mod for the fuel filler cap has been done. No other strange noises yet and everything fine.

Biggest issue I would say is the dash and scratches. If i were you I would ask them not to valet the inside of the car prior to you picking it up.

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
A couple of people on here have 07 models but have been starting to get the "older" problems like the rear knocking etc. Time will tell if you are lucky or not I guess :roll:

I would mention your concerns to the dealership and see what they say, at least thanks to this site you are aware of the potential problems.

Good luck with it :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A couple of people on here have 07 models but have been starting to get the "older" problems like the rear knocking etc. Time will tell if you are lucky or not I guess :roll:

I would mention your concerns to the dealership and see what they say, at least thanks to this site you are aware of the potential problems.

Good luck with it :D
Just sent a long email to my car salesman with known faultlist and asked them to inspect when my beast lands here. Also asked for my VIN (if possible) and asked about the delivery, exact date maybe?

And told them to be VERY careful around the instrument panel:motz: he must be so pissed now, he was quite stressed when he promised me the footwell lighting on top of the deal, and when returned to his workstation, realised they were over 200€!:banghead: and i already haggled the price down for 1200€...but promised is promised. let this be a test to my dealer how flexible and eager to serve they are[smilie=ohyeah.gif]

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
have a 6 week old civic No problems well....
(apart from a rattle now and then passenger side - not a big issue for me
know the dealer will fix it when I ask them will see if it gets any worse before I do anything) but everything else is perfect

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've had my Civic (1.8ES Milano Red i-Shift) for just over four months, and have covered 11,600 miles.

Over the first few weeks, several rattles developed, one sounded like it was behind the glovebox, another from the passenger seat, but now, they seem to have gone. Perhaps everything's bedded in ?

I love the car, but it really does have some serious build quality issues, though most will hopefully be sorted at it's first service in a couple of weeks time.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
I got 2007 model, and got letter from dealer about filler cap. Says they'll fit an extra spring as 'it might get stuck' as is.
Didn't have issues so far with filler cap, but will go to dealer for fix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts