2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey troops had the Type R a couple weeks now, she was away getting the windows done today, and when I got her back fitted new HID bulbs, and LED sidelights, (thanks to the legend that is Mr JP)
Gave her a quick clean and took her for a wee photo or two.
come next weekend, the car will be sporting a different colour of wheels, which colour I am not 100% sure, your suggestions are welcome.

anyway here she is.

All comments welcome, and ideas on wheel colour would be good aswell.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Tidy mate...

BRONZE wheels :D

·
OOOOSH
800 Posts
interesting, **** on here got bronze wheels that I can have a little look that you know off, or anyone thats good with photoshop??
could be a shout.
A photoshop of my NHB R with bronze wheels

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1 and IMO I hate black wheels looks naff :worms: but loads will disagree
I am not a fan of black either as I think they look like steelies unless they have a coloured lip but dont think the oem wheels would suit a coloured lip.
Like anthracites and gunmetals
just want the car to look a little different from the other type rs that you see driving about hence the different wheel colour.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A photoshop of my NHB R with bronze wheels

I'm on the fence with them think I would like them one day then not be to fussed the next, was thinkin more of the bronze that the type r is available in, but then they might just look black :facepalm:
decisions decisions

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
Liking them aswell, do you know a paint code for that colour by any chance?
or do you just know its dark gun metal?
Mine is custom buddy ? I have a friend who is a powder coater & he done them mixed a colour for me I have I think the only two sets that he has done ? As they have a different dark flakes in & they are more of a mat than full gloss ? that's why I got custom just to be different good luck with your choice, I have another picture with my other set I will post it to show you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ;)

Attachments

·
Living the dream!
8,543 Posts
I am not a fan of black either as I think they look like steelies unless they have a coloured lip but dont think the oem wheels would suit a coloured lip.
Like anthracites and gunmetals
just want the car to look a little different from the other type rs that you see driving about hence the different wheel colour.
Maybe shadow chrome but i guess this won't be cheap

·
Registered
63 Posts
Looking very nice. if i was going for wheels on it i would go for something like buddy club P1's.

but as it is looks really good there and i like the spot for the photos

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looking very nice. if i was going for wheels on it i would go for something like buddy club P1's.

but as it is looks really good there and i like the spot for the photos
Cheers mate, I am only changing the the colour of the oem wheels. just to make it stand out a little.

The spot is only 5mins away from my house, is a pretty good place if you get the light right.
not bad for crappy iphone pics. :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
Cheers mate, I am only changing the the colour of the oem wheels. just to make it stand out a little.

The spot is only 5mins away from my house, is a pretty good place if you get the light right.
not bad for crappy iphone pics. :p

Ah cool in that case id leave them silver, reason being with the handles and petrol cap being silver the wheels just go.

Iphones for the win :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts