2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, names chris and am from sheffield.

currently drive a b20 eg. have had about 6 eg's and 3 eks. but have decided i want to modernise my project.

so i am in the proces off securing a diesel civic to start a project with. and on the search for answers(mainly clutch and power related answers) i came across this website.

having been a member off civiclife for the last 5years, i did wonder where all the 8th gen owners were. now i know.

anyway, hello and i'm off to use the search feature. holla

·
Born Fighter
542 Posts
Hi and welcome to CIVINFO.:D

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Welcome!! Good decision going for the diesel!!!

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
cheers for the warm welcome chaps.

not sure you'd want pics of my eg. its just a standard sir but with a larger engine. i dont like my cars to stand out. but if still wanted, i'm sure i could put some somewhere.

coste1l and relic. found alot os your posts and info on the diesel and its tuning ability(and rubbish clutches) so cheers for that. actually finding coste1l tuning guide on google was what bought me in.

shaunwistow, where abouts in mighty sheff are you? am from mosborough

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Welcome to the forum! Your B20 powered EG sounds like fun :VTECSMILEY:

its a tintop, so light and was dyno'd at 201bhp. so can be fun. but the rattling, banging, and its ability to fail is slightly annoying.
recently it decided to lose oil through the sump. so i changed the gasket to discover, it was actually the pan that was warped!
this was after it dumped most of my oil in my works carpark, fitting a sump and gasket at that carpark was not fun!

hence why i want something more modern, and hopefully less irratating.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts