2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Tomorrow I'm going to have a look at a 2011 8th Gen for sale near me. I've had a look around the forums and the wiki and noticed a few common issues that don't look too worrying, but I was wondering if this example being registered at the end of 2011 would have many of those issues already fixed at the factory or not.

I'm also wondering if there are likely to be any problem areas regarding body corrosion. I've previously owned Nissans and they are terrible for tin rot, but I can't say I've ever seen a rusty 8th Gen, at least on the bodywork I can see. Are there any hidden areas to look out for, such as the undercarriage or behind the plastic trims? I'm aware of the windscreen problem mentioned here, but does this apply to a later revision model with the glass roof like this one I'm looking at has? I've just noticed this "The latest version of the strip is 73150-SMG-E11. This appears to have been applied to production from Feb 2011, which means very few cars have this new part from the factory if any." so I reckon this will be ok.

Appreciate any info you can give :)

EDIT: It's a silver 1.8 ES 5-door by the way.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Check service history test drive check mot history there no timing belt history, after all they bullet proof cars if it was a deisel then the clutch would be prone to slipping generally reliable cars.
Only issues would be check the door handle trims they tend to go.
Check tyres wear rate also brake pads and disks ..

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
I asked a mechanic about the 1.8 2010 I was thinking of - "only ever see them for servicing and brakes" - so I bought it.
Nearly 3 years on only had to replace brakes and a battery beyond normal servicing and extras in service schedule.

Buy it based on it's condition and history and you should not go wrong.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both. I looked at the car yesterday, and aside from some pretty minor blemishes on the paintwork, the car looked good and drove perfectly. Bought it there and then.

Really happy with it so far, but still learning the ropes with it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice one, get pics up when you can.

Cheap starter improvement is LED lights in & out.
I'll look into that. I was hoping that the footwell lights were fitted to this model, but unfortunately they're not. Is that an easy retrofit? I see what look like keyed holes under each side of the dash that look like they'll take a bulb, but no electrical connection to be seen.

Only other question I have is whether the upper dash plastics are different between the nav and non-nav models (mine is non-nav but I'm looking at fitting a screen for a Pi-based computer at a later date).

·
Premium Member
767 Posts
Mine came with footwell lights as std so don't know.
Honda did a plug in kit but this might be discontinued now, there are kits available from member called rickhonda on the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts