2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've been contemplating it for a while and with the 4 years 0% and 4 Years servicing offer on a 1.4 type S 3dr I'm seriously considering just going for it but I have some questions I would like to ask you knowledgeable folks :)

1) What actual average mpg can I expect to get from the 1.4 type S manual? My current 1.4 car (Ibiza) is delivering about 47 mpg on a 30 mile motorway journey, can I expect the same from the civic?

2) What colour! I've heard bad things about the red, is it actually that bad?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your input, very fast replies, I think I might avoid the cheap option and go for a grey or blue.

:D

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
is the 1.8 out of the question ? that'll give you about 40 mpg........i only ask because a few people i know with the 1.4 complain it's a bit gutless and yearn to have a 1.8, but saying that most 1.8 owners want a type r ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, well I think it's decided then, blue it is! Now I've just got my fingers crossed that I get decent fuel economy ;)

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
lol, well I think it's decided then, blue it is! Now I've just got my fingers crossed that I get decent fuel economy ;)
On a motorway cruise I can get 45 mpg in my 1.8 …

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
no Vtec in the 1.4 = not as good mpg as the 1.8

Id cut back on optional extras to get the 1.8.

My old 1.8 used to be very good with fuel usage

·
Registered
389 Posts
If it's any help, my 1.4 averages out around town at 39mpg. Run it on super green and it improves the performance. My 1.4 has 123k on the clock and goes great. You'll be fine.

MP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no Vtec in the 1.4 = not as good mpg as the 1.8

Id cut back on optional extras to get the 1.8.

My old 1.8 used to be very good with fuel usage

Are you sure? I'm looking at the brochure right now and it says Type S : 1.4 i-VTEC Type S Manual!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If it's any help, my 1.4 averages out around town at 39mpg. Run it on super green and it improves the performance. My 1.4 has 123k on the clock and goes great. You'll be fine.

MP
I notice that you've got a Milano Red one, any comments about the paintwork? Thanks :)

EDIT: Sorry for double post!

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I did a 100 mile round trip driving as Mr. Efficiency and mine did 50MPG, driving sensibly...In a 1.8!
The VTEC is immense as well :)

·
Unbelieveable Vteccers
837 Posts
Red tends to turn to pink over time, i don't think i would buy a red car again.:popcorn:

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
i have a 1.4 type s in milano, and im very happy with it
the 100bhp vtec engine is a beauty, given its not a type r but im guessing you already realise this...lol
it nice and refinded but punchy if you give it some beans...

As for the paint all civics suffer from weak paintwork and i've found the milano no worse than any other colour infact on a recent trip to the dealers i noticed the blacks on the forecourt were slightly worse affected or maybe they just show it the worst..

Mines a 59 plate and i have about 6 stonechips on the front bumper/bonnet/wings...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts