2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is ..

What a hypocrite you have to be to drive like this having sworn an oath to uphold the law ..

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I pretty sure they do but could be wrong!? :confused:

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Do the emergency services have to use blue lights to jump a red light?
Yeah think they have the have the blues on to even speed but I may be wrong.

Think they are supposed to drive within the law unless they have their lights on

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Can imagine them speccing the options list... indicators, don't need them... handbrake, don't need that... oooh beemer driver special dispensation for traffic lights, best have that :p

·
Registered
85 Posts
They don't have to have blue lights on if responding to a situation where lights would reveal their presence. Blue lights do not give them the automatic right-of-way over the normal rules anyway. As long as they responding, they can do what they like, as long as they are driving without endangering anyone.

Right at the very end (where the clip is conveniently clipped), you can see the car making a U-turn to come back the other way. Possibly looking for a kid and wanted to talk to the two "crossing patrol" people.

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
Was driving home about a month ago, doing 42~ in a 40. Car comes up behind, overtakes pretty sharpish and speeds off.
I catch up at a roundabout, it's clear ahead as traffic is all moving across the roundabout and both lanes go straight on so used the inside lane and got in front as he wasn't quick away. After the merge back into one lane he comes right up behind again, blues come on.

I take the next side road and pull over, he pulls alongside and puts the window down - two up.
Both tell me how it's not clever, never know who it is behind etc. and then speed off, clearly exceeding the (now 30) limit.

I did exactly as he did but obviously he was upset by that. One rule for them, another for us!
Wish I'd had a dashcam in the back as the front facing one didn't show anything exciting.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
Do the emergency services have to use blue lights to jump a red light?

No they do not!

Still doesn't excuse jumping a red light and nearly causing a head on !

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,446 Posts
Emergency or not..... they must still drive in a manner that does not endanger other road users or pedestrians. It looks like he nearly clipped the white vehicle turning across the junction, your video would have been very helpful to the occupants if he had hit them! I always try and drive by the basic law that you should never make a manoeuvre that causes another vehicle to alter its course or speed. You cant tell if he's answering a call or not but it doesn't look good. If you'd done the same with him behind you !!!!!

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
thought so, unmarked cars are usually crewed by Doc Holliday plus either Virgil or Morgan or Wyatt Earp ;)
Plus I wouldn't have bothered if it was a marked car!

Shame really as when it's quiet there are some really good sections of road between roundabouts around here that are fenced off with no pavements that are good for a quick blast when someone is game!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Shame really as when it's quiet there are some really good sections of road between roundabouts around here that are fenced off with no pavements that are good for a quick blast when someone is game!
I think I might have seen that area from a CheesyJet once [smilie=hiya.gif]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts