2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well as above 3rd visit to the guys at ABP.

Booked in with Rich "excellent customer service" and left this morning at 4.30am to be there for 9.30am, encountered a small accident on the M6 which meant I was delayed by an hour but no problem for Chris and his team.

On arrival greeted with the usual breakdown of work carried out and coffee on tap.

Booked in for,
1, AEM CAI and oil catcher tank.
2, Full miltek + 1.8 front pipe.
3, Whiteline rear ARB.
4, Team Hekos.

Throttle response so much better and the sound from the CAI is awesome, as for the exhaust, it was fired up on the ramp in the workshop and had a wee smile to myself, Sounds even better on the open road. 53.2 MPG on way home and that was with giving it some beams too!

As for the Whiteline ARB this is serious bang for buck, cannot rate highly enough! Seriously compliments the suspension mods already in place and now in the dry looking forward to roundabouts with a passion.

The drive home via the borders was fun;) although was slightly damp, all in all another successful 600 mile round trip.

Cheers to Rich, Chris and Craig for excellent customer service and hopefully be back before the summer.

Best regards
Phil.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Glad your happy with the work Phil and thankyou for the nice comments.

The CAI was straight forward this time, as JDR was our guinea pig for that one. The Milltek twinned with it too is the icing on the cake as i'm sure you're now well aware.

The rear roll bar will make roundabouts very addictive too. All in all, a very serious and well setup 1.8.

Enjoy the car Phil and i'm sure we'll see you again this year.

All the best,

Rich

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad your happy with the work Phil and thankyou for the nice comments.

The CAI was straight forward this time, as JDR was our guinea pig for that one. The Milltek twinned with it too is the icing on the cake as i'm sure you're now well aware.

The rear roll bar will make roundabouts very addictive too. All in all, a very serious and well setup 1.8.

Enjoy the car Phil and i'm sure we'll see you again this year.

All the best,

Rich
Cheers Rich,
I have to agree the miltek definitely compliments the AEM and the sound is awesome. Thanks regarding the set up,I have been selective regarding mods and now really really happy with the suspension set up with the ARB, just think a set of spoon rigid collars and that would be it finished, just finding them is a problem.

Cheers
Phil

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
im definitely insterested in getting the whitelines installed but can you tell me if it sits lower than the floor pan as speed bumps are already a issue.
thanks cj

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Hi CJ,

The lowest point of the rear ARB when fitted is just below the spring seats, which are pretty much inside the wheel rim once fitted, so there is no danger of it catching on anything.

The difference in turn in and cornering stability is night and day as i'm sure Phil will agree. Coupled with a decent suspension setup and geometry, it makes any Civic a properly capable machine in the bends.

You won't regret getting one! ;)

Rich

·
Alabaster FTW
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cj do it you will not regret it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts