2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
It is best to leave it with us the night before, but if that's not possible, it would be with us for the day. First thing to do the service etc and then valve clearances towards end of the day when the engine is properly cold.

There isn't any other way of doing it unfortunately.

Rich
Thanks for getting back to me. Understood. Would be easier leaving it overnight.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi rich, do you have an updated price list.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi Rich.

When doing the valve clearances, would this detect any abnormalities with the valves should any be damaged?

Also, would you replace the rocker cover gasket aswell as it has never been parted from the head in 8 years on my FN2, as I don't want any oil leaks?

Mark

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi Rich.

When doing the valve clearances, would this detect any abnormalities with the valves should any be damaged?

Also, would you replace the rocker cover gasket aswell as it has never been parted from the head in 8 years on my FN2, as I don't want any oil leaks?

Mark
Hi Mark, sorry for the delay in reply.

If a valve was damaged, you'd have running/idling issues. And the only reason a valve would be damaged, would be down to a timing fault or chain issue. If you haven't had those issues, there should be no reason for a valve to be faulty.

On the gasket, we normally run a small amount of sealant round the rocker cover before refitting and have never had a problem. Honda do sell the gasket if you want to replace with a new one, off the top of my head they're about £50.00.

Hope this helps,
Rich

·
Registered
555 Posts
Hi rich,

Is the 11 year service just back to normal 1 year again?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts