2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Another strange one for the mot re-test.

Abs & vsa lights are on, but I have used my code reader which should do abs tests on Honda - but it comes back 'no fault found'..... Any ideas??
I was hoping it would at least give me the abs sensor/wheel to look at. Tried erasing the codes just in case, but the dash lights are still on = mot fail!! 馃槶

JJ

Bye bye Honda...
I'm guessing it won't read ABS/VSA codes on this model?

Have you tried disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
No, it should read them, that's why I bought that model. Delved a bit deeper and running the live stream data it shows as not receiving a signal from either of the drivers side abs sensors... That at least gives me something to investigate - though why it says no faults found I don't know! Will report back later.....

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
ok, lunchtime update...

managed to get to test the RR abs sensor and it is showing a resistance of 3.6M ohms (very high), so I am going to pick up a couple of sensors on the way home 'just in case'. I couldn't get far enough under the car to disconnect the front sensor, so will have to try that later.

JJ

Bye bye Honda...
ok, lunchtime update...

managed to get to test the RR abs sensor and it is showing a resistance of 3.6M ohms (very high), so I am going to pick up a couple of sensors on the way home 'just in case'. I couldn't get far enough under the car to disconnect the front sensor, so will have to try that later.

JJ
You need to compare it to the other working sensors before deciding it's duff. The new sensors I fitted to my Accord were very high resistance, also several Megohms in one polarity direction (but less in the other, indicating a semiconductor based sensor).

Registered
I would give the battery disconnect a quick go, mine came on 3 weeks ago during a hard brake on the motorway and stayed on so when I got home I disconnected for 30 secs and they have remained off 400 miles later. The ABS system on Civics is the worst I've known, poor quality!!

Registered
Discussion Starter #11
Update: changed the right rear abs sensor as a test. Lights are still on, tester says no faults, only 2 lines showing data when doing a live test.
Swapped the sensor back. As I had to change the rear disks and pads I thought I would swap the abs sensor on the left rear, just as a further test. Broke the old one getting it out! Put in the new sensor along with the disks and pads.
Tester says 'no faults', but the abs and vsa warning lights have gone out!! Took it for a short drive to bed the pads in and the live data now shows 3 lines active! So I will change the left front sensor at some point (after the mot!)...
Any idea why 2 faulty abs signals = a dash light, but one fault does not???

More when I know...... Probably after I have sent the foxwell nt624 tester back for telling lies!.

JJ

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
Well, it went through the re-mot ok. diagnostic tool still says no faults - but only data on 3 abs sensor data lines.
The actual ABS has (even when showing ABS fault) worked 'most' of the time, there were a couple of occasions when it did not, so no answers there!

JJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts